Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Supply Chain Planner in Kyiv.
The Medical Supply Chain Planner is responsible for making sure that all forecasts/demands are received and that demands are sourced according to an agreed supply pattern in an efficient and effective way.
He/she oversees order management and supply chain planning of medical categories of items
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning: Participate in project designs, anticipate needs for supplies, carry out the procurement for projects, and stay ahead of changes in medical supplies in partnership with the Health Department
- Inventory control: analyzes demands, ensures forecasts are accurate, calculate replenishment orders and initiate procurement accordingly
- Sets and updates the MRP system parameters and item settings in JD Edwards software
- Contributes to setting stock-management policy for the delegation in line with operations
- Responsible to set and maintain appropriate buffer stock in line with operations
- Maintains the contingency stock items list defined by the assistance departments (Health and Forensic) and ensures replenishment at country level (delegation and sub-delegations)
- Analyses items historical behaviour and forecast accuracy, provides the requesters the results, main trends, and deviations to ensure changes if relevant
- Customer service: act as a focal point for medical logistic and health staff (together with the supply chain officer)
- Makes appropriate recommendations to the Supply Chain Coordinator in order to improve planning/forecasting accuracy
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree or technical degree with equivalent experience in logistics
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Computer literacy; good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems an asset (JDE, SAP, etc.)
- Medical background an asset
- Fluent command of English as well as the main local language.
- Computer proficiency Experience in post-incident support
- Proven capacity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experiences an asset
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment, according to Ukrainian labour law.
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation.
- Medical insurance for employees and family.
- ICRC Institutional training.
- Individual development covered by the ICRC.
- Foreign language courses.
- Convenient office location in the city centre.
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 06.04.2024
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
The ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/