Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Forklift Operator in its sub-delegation/ delegation in KYIV.
Purpose: The Forklift Operator loads, unloads, moves and stacks products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment, under the responsibility of the Storekeeper and in accordance with safety instructions.
- Loads and offloads trucks with the forklift and stacks goods in the warehouse under instruction from the storekeepers
- Loads and offloads goods manually when needed and handles them in the warehouse.
- Keeps warehouse area clean (before and after operations)
- Monitors the forklift and ensures that it is in good condition, reports any problems to the supervisor or Storekeeper in his absence
- Ensures loading is done into clean trucks, trailers and containers
- Keeps stacks and rails clean from dust and any kind of dirt.
- Helps to maintain warehouse equipment, tools and materials in good shape (scotch tape, wooden pallets, carton boxes, forklift, pallet jack)
- Ensures proper storage and stacking to avoid collapse of stacks that may cause injury to personnel and damage to property.
- May be called upon to organize the work of daily loaders.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Availability of forklift driving licence & driving licence cat B is an asset
- Proven capacity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experiences an asset
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/