Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Quality Controller in its sub-delegation/ delegation in KYIV.
Purpose: The Quality Controller 2 is responsible for testing the quality of incoming non-medical goods. S/he implements and ensures the smooth running of the ICRC’s quality
Geographical remit: KYIV
- Ensures that only latest versions of quality instructions, records and reports are used for quality control and maintains the quality-control records database.
- Ensures that quality-control equipment is calibrated before testing and that it is calibrated on schedule.
- Is responsible for keeping the quality-control area, sample room and equipment clean and safe (identification and inventory list).
- Plans, coordinates and records the results of measurements, examinations, tests and gauging of items to ensure that the minimum quality requirements are met; may personally perform measurements, etc.
- Uses standard quality-control documents to ensure that quality testing is undertaken and that accurate findings are relayed to the Quality Officer and the Quality Technician.
- Ensures adequate control of nonconforming products In accordance with QSE integrated management system requirements.
- Reviews current work practices to identify areas in which the quality process could be improved and developed.
- Supervises and coaches a small team of temporary quality control staff composed mainly of day workers.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma in Quality Management or any other related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in quality inspection and/or warehousing.
- Accurate and structured way of working paired with excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Willingness to learn
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
Social package and other benefits
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city centre
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 31/03/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
- For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/