Position Title: National Payroll Officer
Job classification: NO-B
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 1,577,572.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Manila Human Resources Operations (MHRO) and direct supervision of the Payroll Manager, the National Payroll Officer will be responsible for overseeing relevant HR entries and maintaining all payroll records of locally recruited staff through the ERP Payroll module.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform first level control over the administration of the Mission payroll and verification of payroll entries; reviewing calculations, processing and verifying correctness of payroll related entries through standard payroll reports in accordance with the Organizations’ payroll calendar.
- Oversee work of Payroll Administrators by putting in place effective performance management process in compliance with relevant policies;
- Timely and accurate processing and completion of payroll ensuring that all entitlements are correctly implemented and recorded in the system, including:
- Examine all incoming documents affecting salaries and entitlements ensuring that they are complete and in compliance with the relevant Staff and Financial Regulations and Rules;
- Review HR data for payroll purposes through the ERP Payroll module and forwards for final payroll approval to supervisors;
- Review the payroll for all locally recruited staff, creating and check payroll reports from the ERP system;
- Review all payroll deductions;
- Ensure proper application of salary and rental advances for all locally recruited staff;
- Advise relevant counterparts on appropriate payment arrangements and ensure prompt response to payroll and cost distribution concerns of stakeholders; Ensure bank details are correctly inputted into the system; update payment instructions when requested by staff;
- Investigate problems or answers to queries in relation to payroll including all aspects of staff entitlements; Deliver HR/Payroll trainings to newcomers, as required;
- Review data on salary entitlements, changes in status, social security, health insurance, dependency allowances and pension fund etc.; Ensure that correct amounts are being input into the system, investigating and correcting any discrepancies;
- Review and endorse for approval the posting of payroll accounting?
- Oversee accuracy of annual and other reports;
- Probe payroll process to improve efficiency and synergy with other teams;
- Support in resolving any payroll related issues with internal and external auditors and provide replies to audit observations in coordination with supervisor.
- Support the development of the ERP system.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in the area of HR and/or finance and accounting with at least 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- First university degree in the above areas and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Formal specialized training in the area of HR and/or finance and accounting is an advantage.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) an advantage.
- At least two years of work experience in the field of HR and/or finance and accounting, preferably in an international environment;
- Experience with integrated Human Resource Management and Payroll computer applications (preferably Oracle);
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Thorough working knowledge of payroll systems and procedures, salary calculations and accounting made through payroll systems;
- Adaptation/knowledge in ERP environment an advantage;
- High level of computer literacy.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 30 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-036-0372023-vn-036-0372023-national-payroll-officer-2-vacancies-no-b-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.