IOM works in the five broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, addressing forced migration, and the implications of climate change on migration. Cross‐cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. The key responsibility of the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) is to formulate regional strategies and plans of action and to provide programmatic and administrative support to the countries within its region. Several Regional Thematic Units are based at the ROAP to fulfill this responsibility.
The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand covering 40 countries across the Asia and Pacific region; https://www.iom.int/asia-and-pacific.
The Media and Communications (M&C) Unit in the ROAP provides media, communications and advocacy support to the ROAP and IOM missions across the region.
Working under the direct supervision of the Regional Digital Platforms Officer and overall supervision of the Sr. Regional Media and Communications Officer for Asia-Pacific, in Bangkok, the selected candidate will acquire a working knowledge and assist in the following activities.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the M&C in managing ROAP’s media and communication activities, which include curating and maintaining online platforms such as the website and social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Support the M&C in producing high quality video content and other digital information products related to IOM’s work in the Asia Pacific region.
- Support the maintenance of the ROAP SharePoint platform and other related internal communication platforms.
- Support the production and dissemination of a regular ROAP Newsletter that will provide key updates.
- Assist in Bangkok-based media relations and event management, including M&C trainings, as required.
- Assist the M&C with the maintenance and upgrade of the regional office website.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to the M&C unit as required.
- Support the M&C’s collaborations with MCU counterparts across the region, Geneva and Manila hubs to disseminate high quality media and communications output notably via online communications and social media platforms.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM e-Recruitment system within the above said deadline referring to this advertisement and attach below listed documents:
Candidates are requested to share the link or attached with the application of their Video and/or photography portfolio and digital media content.