Position Title: Accountant (Revenue)
Job classification: Ungraded
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, Six-months with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 42,000 per month net of taxes (All-inclusive Salary)
Under the general supervision of the National Central Accounting Officer and the direct supervision of the General Accounting Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable primarily in recording, monitoring and preparing financial management report related to Revenue and Accounts Receivable.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Recording of Revenue, Accounts Receivable and Other Transactions
1. Facilitate and analyze revenue accrual and accounts receivable (AR) setup for:
- submitted payment request and invoice to the donors
- projects with funding agreement due upon signature
- amounts due on PCA (Project Clearing Account) projects based on quarterly PDR (Project Delivery Report) upload
- Member States’ assessed contributions
2. Facilitate and analyze received funds for:projects under US Government Payment Management System (PMS-drawdowns) projects with no issued payment request or invoice partial receipts of accrued revenue
3. Monitor timely clearing of Down Payment from Customers and unallocated receipts. Follow-up Offices on the project code and/or coordinate with Project ID and PIU (Project Information Unit) on a timely basis.
4. Facilitate and analyze request on following; and record adjustment appropriately:
- return of excess funds and interest
- project fund transfers
- adjustment to receivables
- general ledger adjustment for foreign currency differences and bank charges
- other bookings for sale of publication and project opening balance
5. Respond to queries and investigate issues raised by Offices, HQ and other departments/units including but not limited to:
- revenue policies and procedures
- accounts receivable and revenue balances
- revenue entries
6. Employ internal controls relating to propriety of revenue, receivables and other related accounts. Recommend/adopt improvements as needed.
7. Manage and monitor the Revenue mailbox and FinCoorP CAS-Revenue tickets for payment request / invoice issued to donors, incoming funds, and other requests from HQ and Offices worldwide
Monitoring of Accounts Receivable
- Generate monthly AR aging report and prepare AR follow-up monitoring sheet.
- Coordinate and follow up with Project Managers and Finance contacts on long outstanding AR and update status in the monitoring sheet.
- Investigate any high risks receivables relating to deficit and ineligible costs and coordinate with Finance and Accounting Division (FAD).
- Monitor and clear all the customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Assist in FMR and other reports preparation.
- Support during audits (internal and external) on preparation of schedules and help resolve queries on revenue and accounts receivable areas.
- Prepare the business specifications/requirements; and perform testing procedures during development stage for automation of financial reports and procedures in PRISM in view of streamlining the business process related to revenue and accounts receivables.
- Making recommendations to FAD, Regional Accounting Support and / or Regional and Country Offices on both procedural and policy improvements and efficiencies in accounting and finance area with a view of strengthening internal controls to protect the Organization’s assets and reduce the risk of fraud and mismanagement.
- Provide accounting support to Pension Administration team with the monthly upload of UNJSPF accounts
- Assist in review and reconciliation for UNJSPF Year-end audit
- Conduct mid-month and month-end bank reconciliations of HQ bank accounts to ensure that bank ledger balance agrees with bank balances. Coordinate reconciling items to Manila and Geneva Treasury and ensures validity of deposit in transits and outstanding disbursements reported for the month.
- Perform other accounting functions as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in Accounting or Finance; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent.
- Experience in the field of Finance and Accounting
- Sound knowledge of accounting system and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in audit an advantage.
How to apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.