Position Title: HR Assistant (HR Administration)
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273 per annum net of taxes
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing the full range of personnel support services pertaining to administration of contracts, benefits, and entitlements to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland.
Under the overall supervision of the Head, HRAU, and the direct supervision of the National HR Officer, the successful candidate will process personnel actions for staff in the Professional category in a specific area of responsibility.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
1. Provide information and documentation to staff members as required.
2. Respond to staff queries via phone, Microsoft Teams, and e-mail relating to HR administration for staff within the assigned area of responsibility in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Review, process, and complete HR actions relating to low-risk contract administration actions as well as benefits and entitlements for all staff within the assigned area of responsibility, as defined in the HRAU Transaction Approval Matrix, within the agreed service levels for each action.
4. Generate reports related to contract administration.
5. Coordinate with (Senior) Resources Management Officers, HR Officers, Regional Directors / Chiefs of Missions / Heads of Office, HQ Departments, and BUD for the necessary approvals for contract administration actions.
6. Respond to staff members’ requests for correspondence and prepare necessary
attestations and certificates.
7. Accurately update HR master data in the Organisation’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
8. Escalate complex cases for resolution.
9. Complete all human resources actions relating to time keeping and time management, including those impacting payroll within the timelines defined by the Payroll Unit, to ensure accurate payment of salary.
10. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High school diploma with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 17 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-008-0092023-vn-008-0092023-hr-assistant-hr-administration-g-5-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.