Position Title: Sr. HR Assistant (Education Grant Validation)
Job classification: G-6
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 746,790 per annum net of taxes
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing the full range of personnel support services pertaining to administration of contracts, benefits, and entitlements to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, MHRO, and the direct supervision of the Head, HRAU, the successful candidate will be responsible for validating Education Grants (EGs) for IOM staff in the Professional category.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide information, documentation, and guidance to staff members on EGs.
- Respond to staff queries via phone, Microsoft Teams, and e-mail relating to EGs.
- Verify and complete all administrative actions relating to EGs as defined in the HRAU Transaction Approval Matrix, within the defined service levels for each action.
- Review, validate, and approve EG advances and settlement claims in accordance with the EG rules and regulations and approval levels, ensuring only admissible expenses are approved for payment.
- Review and update accurately HR master data in the Organisation’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
- Review and escalate complex cases or technical issues, if required, to the Head, HRAU, for assistance with resolution.
- Verify and complete all staff actions which impact payroll and other benefits and entitlements within the timelines defined by the Payroll Unit to ensure timely and accurate payment of allowances.
- Monitor recurring actions and proactively follow up with staff members as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 17 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0232023-vn-0232023-sr-hr-assistant-education-grant-validation-g-6-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.