- Be part of the United Nations (UN) related agency.
- Dignified, orderly, and safe migration for the benefit of all.
- Join our team and experience working with a social purpose.
Position Title: General Accounting Assistant
Job classification: G-4
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 540,912 per annum net of taxes
Under the general supervision of the National Central Accounting Officer and the direct supervision of the CAS-General Accounting Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for Accounts Receivable and Revenue recording, Customer downpayments clearing, monitoring and reporting and other general accounting functions.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Recording of Revenue, Accounts Receivable and Other Transactions
- Facilitate and analyze received funds for: projects under US Government Payment Management System (PMS-drawdowns) projects with no issued payment request or invoice partial receipts of accrued revenue
- Monitor clearing of Down Payment from Customers and unallocated receipts. Follow-up Offices on the project code and/or coordinate with Project ID and PIU (Project Information Unit) on a timely basis.
- Assist in revenue accrual and accounts receivable (AR) setup based on donor invoice and Projects under US Government Payment Management System (PMS-draw downs)
- Send queries to offices on project code for expected funds and send notification to MTS or TSY on a timely basis
- Process donations collected from Private Sector.
- Monitor the “Revenue Mailbox” for payment request / invoice issued to donors, incoming funds, and other requests from HQ and Offices worldwide.
- Manage and monitor CAS-Revenue tickets in FinCoorP.
- Maintain a secure and organized filing system of accrual, receipt and Special Revenue entries.
- Serve as support for UN Levy accounting and reporting.
Preparation of Schedules for the Financial Management Report (FMR) and Other Reports
- Draft Quarterly FMR Schedule 5 –Unidentified Deposits in Customer downpayment.
- Prepare Customer downpayment monitoring report monthly and as requested during year-end closing
- Generate monthly AR aging report and prepare AR follow-up monitoring sheet.
- Coordinate and follow up with Project Managers and field Finance contacts on long outstanding AR and update status.
- Support during audits (internal and external) on preparation of schedules and help to resolve queries on revenue and accounts receivable areas.
- Perform other accounting functions as may be required
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience preferably in the field of accounting or finance, audit experience would be an advantage; or
- Completed High School Degree from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- Experience in the field of Finance and Accounting.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and audit/review procedures;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills; capable of designing, reviewing and revising business processes to achieve efficiency.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 10 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0132023-vn-0132023-general-accounting-assistant-g-4-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.