Position Title: Medical Data Validation Assistant
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Director of the Migration Health Division, the various units of the Health Assessment Programme Global Support Unit provide services to all missions and medical field operations worldwide. The Migration Health Informatics (MHI) unit is responsible for operational medical software applications, data repositories and statistical reporting.
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Data Analyst and in close coordination with the Migration Health Informatics Manager and Migration Health Informatics Officer, the Medical Data Validation Assistant is responsible for closely monitoring data validation processes of field missions. The position will play a major role in first level data validation system user support to field operations and communications with missions related to MHI data validation and reporting obligations. The successful candidate will also assist in developing and maintaining the data validation documentation system, training of the field staff, and participate in the continuous development of validation systems for health assessment data from Mimosa, UKTB, LIMS, IMS, ICD, HAP and any new migration health informatics initiatives.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Closely coordinate and follow-up data validation activities and requirements to field operations and missions.
- Be the first line of communication with data focal points in field operations and missions.
- Assist in monitoring, documentation and implementation of activities related to provision of health informatics data validation systems and support as needed by field missions.
- Provide technical assistance remotely to field missions worldwide in verifying and addressing medical data validation concerns.
- Support MHI in generation and submission of periodic operational and statistical reports.
- Work closely with the MHI Health Data Analyst in monitoring compliance of field operations and missions to data validation processes and data quality standards.
- Identify recurrent validation systems user support issues and learning gaps with the objective of improving users’ knowledge and skills.
- Assist in other health informatics support-related activities (e.g., trainings and workshops).
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Completed university degree in health and social sciences, statistics, engineering and other areas dealing with data and analytics from an accredited academic institution.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Training on medical informatics, public health or health data analytics, or at least one (1) year experience in medical data management will be an advantage.
- Actual experience in data handling.
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality management.
- Experience with data interpretation is an advantage.
- Can work in rotating shift, if required.
- Analytical skills required.
- Specialized understanding of medical, public health and statistical terminology as well as IT disciplines and ability to correctly bridge health and information technology to address the changing information management needs of medical units is an advantage.
- Exceptional time management and attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, medical and IT professionals and subject matter experts.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 07 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0122023-vn-0122023-medical-data-validation-assistant-g-5-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.