Position Title: Sr. Procurement Assistant
Job classification: General Staff
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, nine months with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 58,000 per month net of taxes (All-inclusive Salary)
This position is located in Manila Administrative Center, Supply Chain Unit, Procurement Compliance and Training Team under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Head, Manila Supply Chain Unit.
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU), being part of Manila Administrative Center of IOM, provides advisory, back-office, global warehouse operations and field procurement support services for IOM projects implemented worldwide. MSCU plays an important role by performing Procurement Process Review function before contracts are awarded, ensuring that IOM regulations are applied and adhered to in procurements conducted by Missions and Offices around the world. Among others, MSCU provides guidance and advice on IOM’s procurement policy, e.g. it assists missions in developing procurement strategies, reviewing solicitation documents, proposals and contracts, manage risks, etc.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree Business Administration, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one year experience in UN system or multinational organization; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Trainings, diploma courses on procurement (at least CIPS Level 2 or similar) and logistics an advantage.
- Professional experience in public procurement and logistics.
- Experience in public procurement oversight, contract review, advisory is desirable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word. Power Point and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as Power BI and Visio will be desirable;
- Excellent communications, teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 07 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0042023-dr-0042023-sr-procurement-assistant-ungraded-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.