Position Title: Sr. Finance Assistant
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre, Philippines
Classification: General Service/G-6
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: PHP 746,790.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Sr. Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the National Accounts Payable Officer, the successful candidate will provide specialized assistance in managing the MAC financial accounts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Review Requests for Payment (RFP) and payment requests in the Online Invoice Payment Application (OIPA) ensuring that: Claims are valid, specifically that services/goods have been rendered/received, except for advance payments; RFP/OIPA details and supporting documents are complete, valid and approved; Values are accurate and missing information, if any are obtained from concerned units or staff members; and Account code/s and/or WBS are accurately assigned and record the necessary entries in SAP (finance system). Assist the National A/P Officer in coordinating, guiding, and reviewing the work of other staff members.
- Route reviewed RFPs to the approving signatories and once approved, to Manila Treasury Services (MTS) unit for payment execution.
- Provide guidance on finance/accounting-related transactions/issues to various MAC Units, and other IOM offices.
- Process/review Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) advance and Travel Expense Claim (TEC) settlement; record and clear staff vendor account in SAP.
- Monitor/review air ticket status in I-Gator and SAP and submit related analysis report on a monthly basis.
- Review and record air ticket entries and perform related clearing in SAP.
- Record and reconcile self-payer’s receipts and perform related entries (income, expense), clearings (air ticket vendors & suspense GL account), monitoring of the relevant WBS Codes.
- Prepare and update the MAC Report on WBS Monitoring for both OS and AD on a monthly basis for submission to the SRMO.
- Prepare and submit the monthly requests for salary projectization updates of MAC local staff and officials to HR.
- Review asset entries in SAP which include blocking and deletion.
- Review requests for the asset transfer or retirement and record entries in SAP.
- Monitor timely submission of liquidation RFP, and documents for advance payment clearing, at least before month-end and follow-up as necessary.
- Perform monthly closing of the books which include bank reconciliation, review, and follow-up and/or coordinate old outstanding vendor items with concerned staff/unit, recording of monthly amortization, adjusting/reclassifying entries and review/clear general ledger suspense accounts and cost centers.
- Assist the National A/P Officer in the tasks related to the monthly closing of accounts in accordance with the “Checklist for Mission Accounts”. Provide guidance and instructions to relevant units of MAC to ensure timely closing of the monthly accounts.
- Coordinate with Manila Human Resource Operations (MHRO) Unit on the payroll deductions and additions and perform the related staff vendor account clearing in SAP.
- Create Work Budget Structures (WBS) codes in SAP and Budgeting for New Project (BNP) related to project activation procedures of new mission projects and modify existing project structures and budget, as necessary.
- Perform Vendor Management Systems maintenance tasks for IOM Vendor Accounts which include creation, deletion, blocking and changes in details. Ensure correctness of all information and compliance to existing standards and rules.
- Guide, review and oversee the work of other MAC staff related to finance at certain periods, and conduct training, as necessary.
- Attend to payment inquiries and reconcile supplier/vendor accounts, as necessary.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office
- Create and maintain an organized and systematic digital filing of RFPs/documents on a regular basis.
- Forward/scan/photocopy vouchers and its supporting documents as requested by other missions or departments.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned especially in the absence of other unit members.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is a clear advantage.
- Experience in the field of accounting or finance;
- Experience in the UN system or international/multicultural environment an advantage;
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable;
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze financial information and accounting entries, examine documentation and reconcile discrepancies;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Very organized in filing the accounting records and documents.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications no later than 21 December 2022 with VN 102/2022 – Sr. Finance Assistant).
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1022022-vn-1022022-sr-finance-assistant-g-6-manila-global-administrative-centre-mac
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.