Position Title: Sr. Administrative and Finance Assistant
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Financial Analyst (Team Leader), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for providing assistance in the health programme monitoring and administrative-finance (PAF) functions of the Global Migration Health Division (MHD) unit based at the Manila (Global) Administrative Center (MAC).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Financial monitoring and reporting
- Generates financial reports from SAP to produce regular financial monitoring reports using established templates for Migration Health Division projects managed by MHD HQ and MAC.
- Support the Sr Financial Analyst in performing project closure activities and following up with Country Offices in clearing outstanding items.
- Prepares the draft financial reports and presentation materials for submission to the Sr. Financial Analyst for review, prior to submission to the Project Manager (PM) and/or the donor.
- Conduct regular financial reviews of the projects monitored by MHD PAF assigned to the team and liaise with the country office to address review findings/observations.
Fee Setting and Analysis
- Compile databases of past and current IOM service fees of all implementing missions of IOM for Global Health Assessment Projects (GHAP), Canada Pre-Departure Medical Services (Canada PDMS) projects, and any other fee-based projects monitored by MHD PAF, with the supervision of the Sr. Financial Analyst.
- Conduct the data-gathering exercise of competitor fees of all implementing missions of IOM for the fee-based projects monitored by MHD PAF.
- Assist in the analysis and comparison of the IOM fees and competitor fees.
- Support with the financial performance analysis of implementing missions of IOM for fee-based projects monitored by MHD PAF.
- Lead the testing of the tools developed by the Sr. Financial Analyst for the fee setting and analysis of fee-based projects.
- Support the PRIMA activation of MHD projects managed in HQ.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of templates, automating management view reports through dashboards, spending review, and financial performance indicator generation.
- Assist in the update of standard operating procedures (SOP), work instruction manuals, and other initiatives within the assigned work areas.
- Organize and manage the filing system of the PAF working documents and reports including the maintenance and management of all medical claim files.
- Assist during an audit, such as supplying the necessary supporting documents, and answering audit queries.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience.
- Experience with working for UN organizations or other international development organizations is an advantage.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
- Experience in pricing and fee-setting is a strong advantage.
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles, internal controls and audit/review procedures;
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel and PowerPoint applications; knowledge of other IT packages and their implementation an advantage;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with an eye for details;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 10 April 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information,
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.