Short Term Consultancy for the Amazon Sustainable Landscapes Program (ASL) to Support the implementation of current ASL regional project
Start Date: April 17, 2023
Express Interest By: 3/22/2023
Topics: Not Available
Business Function: Not Available
Skills: Not Available
Language Skills: English
Assignment Location: Colombia
VPU: Latin America ＆ Caribbean (LCR)
Contact Person: Federico Hahn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Task Description: World Bank –Terms of Reference for Short-Term Consultant
Amazon Sustainable Landscapes Program (ASL)
The consultant, based in Bogota, Colombia, will work as part of the ASL Coordination team, supporting the implementation of current ASL regional project, preparation the program’s third phase, as well as implementation support to the ongoing Colombian ASL national project.
ASL Regional Coordination.
The consultant, together with the rest of the ASL Coordination team, will support the overarching implementation of the ongoing Regional Coordination TA project, including knowledge management, communication and monitoring and evaluation activities as appropriate, which arise during the course of this demand driven Program, as well as the design and preparation of the ASL3 program.
Specific tasks include:
- Support knowledge exchange activities as part of the ASL regional coordination project as prioritized by the team and Program Steering Committee, reviewing quality of activities and outputs, and providing feedback to consultants.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and negotiate terms with existent or potential ASL partners.
- Gather information for and provide inputs to the ASL 3 Program Framework Document and Regional Coordination TA project.
Forest Conservation and Sustainability in the Heart of the Colombia Amazon Project
- Implementation support and advice to the ongoing Forest Conservation and Sustainability in the Heart of the Colombia Amazon Project, including preparation and participation in supervision missions, preparation of implementation status reports, review of progress reports submitted by PIU, and day to day support as required.
- Represent WB task team in project related meetings in Colombia, including field trips and supervision of supported local initiatives.
The above activities are indicative, and the scope of work may include specific tasks discussed and agreed with the World Bank Task Team Leader (TTL).
- Master’s degree and minimum equivalent 6 years work experience required.
- Experience in natural resource management, biodiversity conservation, climate change and/or environmental economics
- Experience working with public institutions and international organizations
- Experience working in the Amazon, as well as good knowledge in one or more of ASL priority themes, such as nature-based tourism, protected area management, community forestry, landscape restoration, IPLCs, funding for conservation, among others, would be an advantage
- Professional experience working with multiple stakeholders and leading multi-disciplinary teams on the technical and managerial aspects of environmental project implementation.
- Preferred experience in World Bank operations and evaluations/assessments of programs and projects, including GEF funded projects.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills in working closely and collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to independently work in major project components under limited supervision and guidance.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to collect, summarize and convey information.
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs while working under pressure and within tight time schedules.
- Fluent English and Spanish (oral and written). Speaking Portuguese, a plus.
Note this contract could be renewed on July 1st for the next Fiscal Year. Kindy express your interest by sending your CV and cover letter to Federico Hahn ( email@example.com) by March 22nd.