Position Title: Resources Management Officer
Duty Station: Gaziantep, Republic of Türkiye
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 29 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) based in Ankara, Turkiye and in coordination with the Senior Regional Resources Management Officer (SRRMO) in the Regional Office (RO), the Department of Financial and Administrative Management (DFM) at Headquarters (HQ) and the Administrative Centres in Manila (MAC) and Panama (PAC), the Resources Management Officer will be responsible and accountable for supervising and managing the budgetary, financial, Human Resources (HR) and administrative functions of the Sub-Office(s) and providing support in these areas to staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities in the Country Office (CO) including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability. In coordination with the CoM and the SRRMO undertake financial analysis of all CO activities.
- Supervise the management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to CO and Sub-Office activities. Monitor and control funds disbursed; validate that funding is received and dispursed in accordance with donor agreements.
- Prepare programme and budget reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures. Review monthly accounts of the CO.
- Prepare relevant financial analysis of projects, oversee the budget control process and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures. Take proactive action to prevent projects from going into deficit.
- Assist the CoM and Project Managers in the preparation of budgets for new projects and programmes.
- Provide technical support to project managers throughout the cycle to ensure compliance with the general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the whole CO, namely in the areas of general administration, finance, and human resources.
- Maintain and further strengthen appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets, cash and prevent fraud.
- Inspect payroll versus budgets, validate that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM’s projectization criteria.
- Review existing systems and procedures and, if necessary, recommend possible improvements to strengthen internal monitoring, evaluation and control systems and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage the Human Resources function and make recommendations on recruitment and personnel administration of staff in the CO. Correctly apply Human Resources (HR) policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases in consultation with the COM/SRMO and RRMO.
- Supervise the procurement and logistics services, including contracts with suppliers of goods and services and related administrative authorities; oversee the management of the fleet of vehicles and the maintenance of the premises as well as the functioning of all support services at the CO.
- Liaise and coordinate with The Office of Legal Affairs (LEG) and Global Procurement SupplyUnit (GPSU) as needed for the review and approval of agreements and Purchase Orders (POs) (lease, construction, service and agreements with implementing partners (IPs)) before signature and make sure IOM procedures are followed in the selection of partners and service providers.
- Supervise ICT staff to ensure compliance with relevant IOM standards, processes rules and regulations.
- Supervise and train local staff on IOM’s administrative/financial policies and procedure.
- Participate in UN meetings such as the UN Operations Management Team (OMT) or ONEUN working groups when required.
- Serve as Officer-in-Charge (OiC) of the CO in the absence of the CoM.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA),Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage.
- Experience in Financial and Human Resources Management at the international level;
- Field experience, including coordination and cooperation with international institutions and coordination bodies;
- Experience in supervising the development and implementation of administrative control procedures, coordinating external auditing exercises;
- Experience using corporate IT systems and software.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN finance, procurement and HR procedures and rules;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 29 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 95 Resources Management Officer (P3) Gaziantep, Turkiye (58021611) Released
Posting: Posting NC58021612 (58021612) Released