Position Title: Intern – Audio-Visual Support
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: Intern, Grade Other
Type of Appointment: Internship, three months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 02 April 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Media and Communications Unit (MCU) of IOM is comprised of experienced communications professionals based in Geneva and Manila. The team provides support on media and public information issues to IOM Headquarters and missions worldwide. It is responsible for media relations as well as producing a variety of other public information materials, including official statements to mark special events, multimedia products and press briefing notes on specific IOM activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Multimedia Officer, the Audio-visual Support Intern will assist with the timely production and edition of a series of institutional as well as public facing audio-visual products.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and editorial support in the production of video and audio content highlighting to the general public and media outlets the Organization’s latest news, events achievements worldwide.
- Assist with the capturing of photos and videos using a DSLR cameras during Geneva based events or as per the needs of HQ Departments and Offices.
- Gather and edit audiovisual content and stories captured by field colleagues for their dissemination on IOM global social media channels.
- Ensure English language captioning is accurate.
- Archive in the IOM Media Library IOM audio-visual content sent to the Media and Communications Division from the field, based on provided Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines.
- Perform such other public information duties as may be assigned.
Training Components and Learning Elements
The Intern will have the possibility to work in a multi-media division, learn to use different tools and software for audio-visual products but also for social media components.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
University studies in Communications, Multimedia Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with minimum two years of relevant experience.
Experience in photography, video and audio recording.
- Fluency in video editing software, such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrator;
- Proven ability to produce work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who:
- have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and activities;
- are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies; or
- are sponsored by governmental/non governmental institutions and/or academia to work in specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor.
- are either enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation). e) are between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional enquiries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
- Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
- Only local or nearby France candidates will be considered.
- Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 02 April 2023.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 20.03.2023 to 02.04.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: INT 2023 01 – Intern – Audio-Visual Support – Geneva, Switzerland (57943757) Released
Posting: Posting NC57943758 (57943758) Released