The Project Assistant (PA) provides clerical, administrative and programmatic assistance to the Human Dimension (HD) under the direct supervision the National Legal Reform Officer (NLRO) and indirectly by the Rule of Law Officer (RoLO). The incumbent performs the below described duties related to the Prevention of Torture activities of the Human Dimension Programme Office in Bishkek, as well as other topic and activities of HD as required by the program operation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The incumbent, has a particular focus on prevention of torture reform activities within the Rule of Law Unit of the HDD (RoL HD) and under the direct supervision of the NLRO will perform the following duties:
- Making logistical and administrative arrangements for daily activities of the RoL HD such as travel, accommodation and visa arrangements for Rule of Law Unit staff and experts;
- Making logistical and administrative arrangements for seminars, round tables and conferences related to RoL HD activities, including booking of conference facilities and accommodation, arranging travel/local transportation, preparing materials for the participants and insuring smooth implementation of meetings;
- Performing a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks such as maintenance of the filing system, distributing HDD documents and publications, organizing meetings and updating schedules of RoL Unit staff, receiving visitors;
- Drafting, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects, budgets, financial and narrative reports related to the prevention of torture activities of the POiB. Maintains the relevant documentation and filing system;
- Maintaining regular correspondence and working relations with state institutions (in particular, National Human Rights Institutions, the judiciary, the central and local governments, law enforcement bodies and the parliament), international and national non-governmental organizations and POiB IPs, human rights defenders, and other diplomatic missions. Arranges meetings for ROLO, and/or Human Dimension (HD) with officials, representatives of the international organizations and NGOs;
- Accompanies the NLRO, ROLO, and/or HDD and/or other relevant HD staff on regular field visits and participate fully in subsequent discussions and decision making follow up action as/when required. Prepares drafts and notes for ROLO and/or the Head of HDD on specific issues and topics as and when requested;
- Performing any other administrative duties as requested by programmatic staff.
- Secondary education with additional training in the area of office organization, project management, public administration .
- Minimum of four years of office work experience preferably in administrative and project management (in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation procedures) in an international set up, good knowledge of the national political structure and political aspects of Kyrgyzstan and ability to comprehend the situation in the area and region; For this vacant position, a first-level university degree may be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience, an advanced university degree for two years of working experience;
- Professional fluency in English and Russian with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 899.66 Euro/month. Social benefits will include Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek
- Requisition ID: KYR000039
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: KYR – OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, Bishkek
- Issue Date: Mar 6, 2023
- Closing Date: Mar 28, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Target Start Date: as soon as possible