The OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Uzbekistan (PCUz) continues supporting activities aimed at women economic empowerment, including promotion of women entrepreneurship, increasing employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and supporting socially vulnerable women, as well as those in need for support and employment in Uzbekistan. Building-up on the success of previous projects, this project supports employment among women in regions of Uzbekistan through the deployment of digital tools and facilitation of social entrepreneurial start-ups. The support is provided in promotion of digital tools improving employment opportunities for socially vulnerable women, thus increasing their economic resilience by building microbusinesses’ during and after the crisis. The project’s objective is to develop inclusive digital ecosystem for unemployed and underemployed women encouraging them to start a small business without high capital investments, using opportunities digital tools provide.
In 2023, the PCUz, jointly with project partners, will continue supporting acceleration of the start-up ‘Coozin’ in order to build digital and cooking skills of women in selected regions of Uzbekistan. This will provide women with a self-employment opportunity in the culinary area through a digital tool easy to use and applicable to mobile phones.
Following the development of the business strategy for the ‘Coozin’ platform in order to improve its commercial, social and financial performance in the medium and longer terms, the PCUz is seeking national expertise to lead and oversee the implementation of the business strategy.
Objective of Assignment: The consultant will be tasked to lead and supervise the implementation of the business strategy, in close cooperation with project partners and beneficiaries.
Duration of Assignment: 144 days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the EED Senior Project Officer and National Project Officer, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Communicate the newly designed business strategy and its goals to the company and gather feedback;
- Develop an implementation plan on the basis of the business strategy and execute thereof;
- Guide and support the company management on the implementation of the strategy;
- Support in development of Terms of Reference for contracts and/or agreements to be signed by the PCUz with service providers
- Monitor the implementation of the business strategy on a regular basis, check regularly with the company’s staff about their progress, and gather feedback;
- Analyse and report progress to the PCUz on a regular basis;
- Support the company in addressing challenges and roadblocks, and take corrective action as needed;
- Develop, in collaboration with project partners, selection criteria for women across the country to attend training courses within the project;
- Coordinate with stakeholders the announcement and conduct of trainings for women already managing culinary micro-businesses or willing to join the platform on how to do business on-line (financial planning and marketing) and master digital tools to enhance business opportunities;
- Provide ad hoc advisory support for the benefit of economically feasible and sound business;
- Evaluate the success of the implementation process and of the strategy itself, and report on the implemented strategy to uncover lessons learned.
The consultant will work remotely and at the site.
- First level university degree in economics, business administration, project management or similar discipline;
- At least ten (10) years of practical experience in developing and executing projects
- At least six (6) years of experience in managing the implementation of ICT-based projects funded by international organizations
- Proven record of supporting start-ups in Uzbekistan;
- Experience in working for international organizations, financial institutions or foreign development agencies;
- Knowledge of Uzbek, English and Russian.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant’s/expert’s qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE PUCz established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. by 21 March 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The position is open for the Uzbekistan citizens only. No consideration will be given to the late applications.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Uzbekistan
- Requisition ID: UZB000018
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: NP2
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: UZB – OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Uzbekistan, Tashkent
- Issue Date: Mar 7, 2023
- Closing Date: Mar 21, 2023
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)