Job Title: Programme Officer
Project: Nigeria PLANE
Location: Jigawa State, Nigeria
Reports to: State Team Lead
Contract Duration: January 2023 – August 2024
Type of Contract: Naira Based Contract
Nigeria PLANE will be a seven-year programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
and represents one window of intervention in a broader package of investment intended to enable a more inclusive
and effective basic education system. It seeks to do this through improvements made in teaching and learning, focusing
on foundational skills in reading, writing and mathematics. It aims to unlock governance bottlenecks that support
education service delivery improvement, improve the regulation of the non-state sector and embed the use of data andevidence in the programme and within the system.
It has four primary outputs: (i) Teaching & Learning: Evidence-based teaching and learning approaches & materials in
use in better-managed performance-focused schools and teaching colleges; (ii) Governance of state systems: Improved
planning, personnel management and public financial management practices; (iii) Governance of non-state systems:
Improved management and performance of the non-state sector; and (iv) Use of Evidence and Communication:
Effective generation, communication and use of evidence to inform citizen engagement and improve service delivery.
PLANE will work in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, the South West, South East, and the federal capital territory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Programme Officer will provide technical support and assist in the implementation and coordination of program
activities, particularly for multi-sectoral partnerships, capacity development to local partners, and M&E activities in the
target cities. S/he will assist in the development of work plans, support the team and management to ensure
adherence to proposed budgets as well as to build and maintain relationships with local communities.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Technical Director, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners, such as non-profits, federal agencies and community organizations, in order to expand resources, raise funding and educate the public about the work of the project.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Director, provide technical assistance and oversight functions to subrecipients in the implementation and overall management of the project.
- Participate in the development of project Implementation Plan, training manual/curricula and other various standard operational procedures (SOP).
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization PLANE project result framework.
- Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports by the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly donor and government report writing including management
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities.
- Provide support to government and key stakeholders to ensure community buy in and sustainability of the PLANE activities
- Work closely with the Private Sector Partnerships Lead to mobilize private partners’ support and other team
members to create an interconnected system that promotes holistic care for our target group.
- Assist in collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related
- In collaboration with DAI Nigeria’s Strategic Communications team, manage and produce program content for
program website and activities as required.
- Provide support to all programme activities for the state office.
A minimum of a first degree in social sciences or related field
- 3 -6years of experience in project management and operations.
- Previous experience managing programme for large multi-million-pound projects for FCDO and other donors.
- Build the capacity of the place teams to deliver on programme deliverables, reporting, financial management.
- Excellent communication and IT skills, including strong reporting/presentation skills and familiarity with a wide range of IT applications
- Experience of contributing to complex programmes with international development agencies, FCDO is desirable;
- Experience of closely working with government departments at provincial and district level is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience of work in politically sensitive and volatile environments.
Fluency in English, written and spoken.
How to apply
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Qualified candidates should please send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com by the of 30 December 2022 using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Applications from women, people with disabilities and young
people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com