- Provide support in the implementation of the Forecast based Financing (FbF) project and Emergency Preparedness and Food Security Assessments programme in Nepal in coordination with national government, provincial government, local government, UN and civil society organizations.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, support in the development of the FbF and Emergency Preparedness project plans and perform monitoring of the projects (including annual workplan, selection of indicators, periodic monitoring and report writing) in coordination with the monitoring and evaluation unit.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. risk assessments, registration of beneficiaries, application of SCOPE*) and ensure consistent information is presented to stakeholders.
- Support management and analysis of relevant datasets and satellite-based meteorological, hydrological and agricultural indicators and tools for drought, floods and landslides forecasting, in collaboration with technical teams and experts.
- Support flood risk assessment and analyses at Districts, Municipal and Ward level to provided basis for potential expansion of FbF and Emergency Preparedness activities to other areas.
- Support capacity development activities for WFP staff, cooperating partners and the government including the Ministry of Home Affiars, MoHA, Ministry of Federal Affairs and General Administration (MoFAGA), and Department of Hydrology and Meteorology (DHM) and local governments by preparing presentations, supporting training sessions, compiling and sharing relevant information.
- Closely work with the immediate supervisor to support on the identification, development and management of potential partnerships towards the institutionalization of the Forecast-based Financing and Emergency Preparedness mechanisms.
- Support in the preparation of the field level agreements and monitoring of activities conducted by cooperating partners to enable quality assurance and timely implementation of activities.
- Support planning and designing of trainings for cooperating partners and communities on early warning and warehouse management.
- Coordinate with relevant units to develop communications materials, infographics, newsletter, and other advocacy materials for outreach to wider DRR stakeholders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* SCOPE is WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform.
How to apply
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).*
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We want to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any accessibility needs you may have.