Job Posting: 22/Mar/2023
Closure Date: 05/Apr/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FABGD
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Bangladesh-Dhaka
Duration : 9 Months (3 months’ probation)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization is specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO’s goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger. FAO in Bangladesh has been implementing activities in close cooperation with the Government of Bangladesh since its establishment in 1978.
The tasks envisaged for this consultancy are to be carried out through the Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD), which is currently implementing a number of projects in various countries in Africa. Within the ECTAD framework, the Animal Production and Health Division (AGA) is closely working with the Emergency and Resilience Division (PSE) under the Strategic Program 5 to support various aspects of the animal health programme of FAO, including the Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT-2) and Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) Programmes.
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative (FAOR) in Bangladesh, the technical guidance of the ECTAD Bangladesh Country Team Leader, and the direct supervision of ECTAD International Operations Officer, in close cooperation with other FAO staff as well as local and central Government of Bangladesh (GOB) counterparts, the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities: Technical Focus
Provide administrative support for ECTAD Bangladesh-organized training activities, including trainings workshops, meetings, seminars, conferences, and field exercises.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the assigned Senior Programme Assistant in the disbursement of allowances (honorarium, travel, participant allowance) while maintaining the necessary records
- Support logistical preparations for training workshops, meetings, seminars, and conferences, including the identification of appropriate venues and physical preparation of the venue.
- Make the necessary travel arrangements and facilitate the necessary authorisations/clearances to facilitate travel of participants
- Prepare and distribute training materials such as instructional material, handouts, and evaluation forms
- Compile, organize, and maintain records related to participant data, including the FAO ECTAD Bangladesh Personal Bio Data Form and daily event attendance records, and maintaining registration desk during events
- Keep well-organized records of all incoming/outgoing documents
- Maintain logs, files and updates records for future use and reference, including data entry of event-related forms into ECTAD management databases as required
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Degree in administration, finance, or a relevant field preferred.
- At least one year of relevant experience in general project/office operational activities.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and fluent in Bengali.
- National of Bangladesh.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience at national and international level.
- Ability to write briefs and reports
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Able to travel throughout Bangladesh on short notice
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT