Data Entry Clerk
Job Posting: 22/Mar/2023
Closure Date: 05/Apr/2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FAAFG
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Afghanistan-Kabul
Duration : 12 months (with extension subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2023, FAO will contribute to the humanitarian components of the UN Strategic Framework 2023-2025 through four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. FAO will also contribute towards resilience building activities and longer-term transformational processes as part of the implementation of the UN Strategic Framework 2023-2025.
Overall supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of respective Heads of Team.
- Data entry and quality assurance to facilitate accurate record keeping and subsequent technical analysis.
- Work with data generated by the cash transfers activities as well as operational/administrative related data.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manual entry of data from paper forms into excel and/or specific programme related software/systems;
- Manual entry of data from one system into another and/or into excel;
- Cross-check all data entered against the original source to ensure complete accuracy;
- Maintain a ‘data’ log of what data has been received, cleaned and entered, and discuss any unclear data prior to entry;
- Identify and report data discrepancies and gaps in a timely manner;
- Liaise with implementing partners to collect and consolidate relevant data and information and follow-up on any missing data either directly or raising this to the supervisor for follow-up;
- Support relevant technical teams in conducting applicable training internally within FAO Afghanistan and/or with external partners on required data;
- Scan hard copy data sheets, and subsequently both the hard and soft copies in an a systematic manner to optimize retrieval;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree (Bachelor) in Business, Administration, Computer Science or related subjects;
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in administrative or clerical activities;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and/or Dari);
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Prior experience with the United Nations or I/NGOs in a similar function is considered a strong asset;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications;
- Attention to detail, and ability to spot errors/discrepancies;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to effectively use standard office software such as MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) and online data systems;
- Ability to use software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT