WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle ofequal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespectiveof religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYEMENT
Job Title: Procurement Officer (NOB) Grade : National Officer Level B Type of contract: Fixed Term Number of Post : 1 Duration: 12 months Duty Station: Yangon Report to : Head of Supply Chain, Yangon VA Number: 637610 Date of Publication: 20 March 2023 Deadline of Application: 3 April 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
To collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of procurement operations and activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance withwider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluateoffers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successfulprocurement of food and non-food commodities or services. auditing ofprocurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Track and analyse data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, tocontribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of informationpresented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses. Experience: Minimum 5 years of working experience in managerial/ Supervisory role in the field of public procurement and large volume in food procurement activities (preferably food procurement or related to nutrition supplies.)
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language.
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience in managing an area of Food Procurement and value chain analysis.
- Experience with public procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
- Experience conducting cost analyses.
- Experience working with vendors or other partners.
- Experience in supporting the management of relationships and national capacity building initiatives with
- UN agencies, NGOs, private sector, and government organisations.
Tendering & Contracting : Demonstrates ability to establish and manage small contracts/ portions of larger contracts that enhance the value WFP obtains from its engagements (e.g., cost, efficiency, quality).
Vendor Management : Demonstrates working knowledge and understanding of the supplier network and business needs to effectively select vendors that meet the selection criteria. Commodity/Product/Service Intelligence : Selects appropriate products and/or services in own area based on a basic understanding of sources, country requirements, and public procurement principles/practices.
Systems & Reporting : Demonstrates strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
Ethics & Compliance : Demonstrates ability to collect, collate and report records relating to ethics and compliance to assist in the analysis of audit findings.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations: It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs. This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in 123 countries delivering food assistance, partnering with governments and providing common services that allow the entire humanitarian community to save lives in emergencies and build the resilience of food insecure people and communities.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance forsexualexploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority ordiscrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee onAdministrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAOFinance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similarbodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service andwithin three years of ceasing that service.