WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you a Finance professional with knowledge and skills in digital transformation? Are you interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, April 09, 2023 (10:59 PM CET)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
As part of the Finance Strategy 2024, Financial Systems and Processes Support Branch (FINS) leads the implementation of the digital transformation initiatives of Finance Function, aiming at improving and automating financial business processes through the support of new digital tools and applications, to ultimately achieve enhanced effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and enable its community to become a performance driver and trusted, and informed business partner for management and cross-functional stakeholders.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
To support the workstreams mentioned above, a Digital transformation Lead is required. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties under the direct supervision of the Chief of FINS.
Digital Transformation Leader
- Identify and promote future digitalization opportunities by collecting ideas for process automation and digitization in financial operations worldwide;
- Provide business process review and proactively engage with Finance business community in HQ and Field for demand of process optimizations to be implemented through digital tools;
- Lead business requirements definition process, feasibility analysis and development to ensure effective coordination and timely implementation of innovative solutions.
- Scale up strategical finance digital transformation initiatives building on our corporate systems and coordinate with FINS business process experts to deliver efficiency gains across finance community through the integration of ERP SAP system with new technology such as Global Service Management tool (GSMT), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), digitalization of paper forms and approval flow, chatbots and others;
- Prioritise automation requests and act as focal point for FINS in Working Groups on Automation and Digitization initiatives led by IT division;
- Coordinate discussions with team members and other Finance divisions to align on objectives, priorities, activities, timelines and outputs for the Digital Transformation agenda as applicable;
- Support the Chief FINS acting as Chair and secretariat of the FIN Digital Transformation Task Team by providing regular updates on ongoing initiatives, present new opportunities and seek feedback on impact to refine the ideas and prioritize efforts and resources
Global Service Management Tool Lead
- Manage the ‘AskFinance’ team responsible for planning, design, development, roll out, maintenance and business support of the Global Service Management Tool (GSMT);
- Liaise with Finance service owners within HQ and Field offices for demand of new service catalogue;
- Promote and lead the design of integrated workflow between GSMT and the other corporate systems such as ERP SAP, RPA, digital forms to automate processes and simplify end user experience;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to ensure success of ‘AskFinance’ initiatives such as Finance business owners, IT community, other WFP divisions with reference to cross-functional processes, as required, Act as member of GSMT Committee.
- Oversight training plan on the GSMT to new super users and agents across the Finance division and globally;
- Support Service Now design and implementation and ensure smooth transition of impacted processes and services.
- Data management: This includes effective and efficient data collection (qualitative and quantitative) from relevant sources, including WFP corporate data systems, systematic management of data sources, assessment of the reliability of data, analysis of data sets to ensure coherence of data, data analysis, and visualization;
- Develop analysis and reporting dashboards on Tableau, where required;
- Support knowledge management reviews and best practices sharing;
- Perform other duties as needed.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Provide timely technical and strategic advice on feasibility, design and implementation of digital innovative initiatives;
- Manage the roll out of AskFinance services, as well as oversight the relevant maintenance, change management and communication initiatives;
- Conduct data analyses and develop relevant reports, where required.
KEY REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, or bachelor’s degree in other fields combined with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible experience in business process review and optimization and project management
- At least 3 years of experience in delivering service management products such as EasyVista and/or Service Now
- Experience in managing multicultural teams in a multinational environment.
- Knowledge and experience with project management methodologies, especially agile scrum.
- Good knowledge of financial business processes.
- Experience with the implementation of digital tools to streamline and automate business processes, e.g. Robotic Process Automation, chatbots, artificial intelligence, digitalization of paper form
- ERP/SAP knowledge of main financial processes is desirable.
- Experience undertaking analysis of complex business processes and defining application requirements.
- Good general understating of IT technologies, software architectures and data flows.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to communicate business demand clearly.
- Demonstrated skills of working independently, ability to write clearly and concisely, analytical skills and presentation.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Knowledge of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese, will be an advantage
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethics, able to proactively and independently pursue tasks and ensure timely delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to manage data, analyze and communicate them.
- Written and analytic skills; able to gather, review and synthesize information from a variety of sources, and create clear and concise reports based on information gathered.
- Effective organizational and planning skills to ensure set objectives are achieved within agreed timeframes.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Applies Strategic Thinking
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is an International Professional position and is open to all nationalities.
- A Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period of up to 4 years. The position is based in Rome, Italy and the selected candidate will be expected to relocate.
- WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, and complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passports, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.