Job Identification : 8767
Locations : Beirut, Lebanon
Posting Date : 03/03/2023, 05:54 PM
Apply Before : 03/11/2023, 04:59 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNOCHA
Grade : NOC
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : UN Coordination
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Arab States
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 7 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic
Mobility required/no mobility
* This position is open to Lebanon nationals ONLY
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)‘s overall goal in Lebanon is to support the Resident/Humanitarian Coordinator (RC/HC) in his/her function to ensure a principled, efficient and accountable collective humanitarian response to all people in need in Lebanon.
OCHA Lebanon’s focus is to:
- Enhance coordination mechanisms at the strategic and operational levels, in support of the HC and the HCT, to support planning, implementation and monitoring of a principled, efficient and accountable collective response to humanitarian needs in Lebanon;
- Under the purview of the HC and the HCT, support the coordination of emergency response to the compound crisis in Lebanon and facilitate an early transition out of emergency response into longer-term recovery and development activities.
- Strengthen situational awareness in a fluid context, and support a coherent collective analysis of humanitarian needs, gaps and response, with the view to facilitate the development of a coherent narrative shared across the aid community on humanitarian needs and response priorities;
- Mobilize flexible and predictable humanitarian funding for the collective response to humanitarian needs in Lebanon; and,
- Advocate for improved protection and operational space for all humanitarian actors involved in the collective response under the RC/HC purview.
Under the guidance of the Head of Office and direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Office in Beirut, the National Humanitarian Affairs Officer will monitor and analyze humanitarian developments in Lebanon, lead the development of the HCT humanitarian project cycle processes and support various humanitarian coordination forums. The incumbent will also support advocacy initiatives on humanitarian concerns and issues, lead the identification and regular monitoring of key risks with humanitarian impact and ensure response preparedness measures and tools are in place.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on humanitarian development in Lebanon
- Contributes to the preparation of various written documents providing up-to-date analysis on trends and developments on the humanitarian situation, e.g. letters, speeches, background papers, briefings, presentations, etc.
- Collect and contribute information to update OCHA products (SitReps, dashboard, mission profiles, etc.)
- Under the guidance of the DHoO, leads the development of the HCT humanitarian project cycle processes and products facilitating an inclusive process, reflecting populations affected view’s, and ensuring a transparent monitoring system
- Lead/facilitate field missions to areas where the needs are the highest to address gaps in the response, enhance partnerships and foster multisectoral response approaches
- Support advocacy initiatives on humanitarian concerns and issues (access, protection of civilians, funding gaps, specific vulnerabilities)
- Lead the identification and regular monitoring of key risks with humanitarian impact and ensure response preparedness measures and tools are in place
- Advice and support various humanitarian coordination forums as required, e.g. Emergency Operations Cell, Access Working Group, Advocacy Working Group, etc.;
- Provide leadership and work direction to assigned work-team, and/or mentor and supervise the work of new/junior officers
- Perform other duties as requested by the Supervisor and/or Head of Office.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: Yes
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Public Administration, Law, Development Studies, International Affairs, or other related fields; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in the related fields with additional 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum 5 years with a Master’s degree or 7 years with a Bachelor’s degree of progressive relevant experience in Humanitarian / Development Organizations;
- Previous UN or NGOs experience is highly desirable;
- Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Very good knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to humanitarian and development affairs and sound knowledge of the institutions of the UN system;
- Familiarity and good knowledge of humanitarian, social, political and economic conditions in the country;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with a wide variety of government, UN and NGO stakeholders;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally in a clear, concise and effective manner;
- Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings;
- Excellent computer literacy and skills (word, excel, outlook, ect);
- Excellent translation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential;
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems
Learn Continuously LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences
Adapt with Agility LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands
Act with Determination LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results
Engage and Partner LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration
Enable Diversity and Inclusion LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity
Motivate and Direct
- Create and communicate a compelling vision and purpose
- Align people and resources with organizational vision, strategy, objectives
- Understand and proactively builds the team/organization culture
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Direction & strategy System Thinking Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
Business Development Knowledge Generation Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Business Development Human-centered Design Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process
Business Management Project Management Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Business Management Partnerships Management Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with agency strategy and policies
Business Management Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Business Management Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.