SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Logistics and Warehouse Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/001/2023
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G5
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine Months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 24 January, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for
the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Supply Chain Officer, and the direct supervision of
Logistics and Warehouse Officer, the Logistics and Warehouse Assistant will be
responsible for handling Mission’s assets and warehousing management. Particularly,
the Logistics and Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update PRISM assets inventory list and ensure all relevant
information is updated in the PRISM system in line with the physical data, asset
movement and changes record.
- Conduct bi-annually Mission’s physical asset inventory using Asset application,
update the inventory list accordingly and send the asset inventory list to CAS
Manila at the end of the year.
- Liaise with Manila Office to obtain approval related to asset disposal, transfer,
and scrap and retirement process in the system.
- On the local level, liaise with customs and revenue official to facilitate clearance
of IOM consignment, as required by the country law.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are
eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are
considered as first-tier candidates.
- Prepare Asset Disposal Form (ADF) for missing and obsolete assets and obtain approval at the Mission and CAS Manila levels. Ensure the supporting document such as email and/or police report are attached.
- Organize the Mogadishu office fleet, keep proper tracking records for vehicles and equipment and coordinate proper maintenance and timely repair.
- Support the general office administration and organise the services and maintenance of all the office equipment with suppliers and help coordinate a continued supply of all essential utilities.
- Provide full logistics support for delivery, construction activities and transportation
- Support warehouse management and verify that the items received have supporting documentation and are checked for accuracy.
- Supervise loading and off-loading of vehicles at the warehouse
- Arrange for proper stacking of items in the warehouse and making sure that goods received vouchers are raised immediately and the bin card are updated immediately
- Ensure that all warehouse dispatches are supported by a fully approved warehouse request form and issue waybill and delivery note accordingly
- Maintain the warehouse database up to date at any given time.
- Prepare weekly and monthly warehouse reports and send to the Project manager and Logistics and Warehouse Officer.
- Ensure maintenance & storage of warehouse tools as per IOM rules and regulation at all times.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Business Administration or related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional working experience ; or
- High school certificate in the above fields with minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated ability of working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied culture and professional backgrounds in order to achieve desired goals.
• Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills,
• Sensitive to and awareness of the local development, Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
• High level of computer literacy
• Knowledge of SAP highly desirable
• Ability to work with national and international institutions;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
• Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Fluency in English and Somali both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
you be interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email address with subject of position title and SVN number (email@example.com) before the closing date.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
From 11.01.2022 to 24.01.2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.