Position Title: ICT Assistant (Client Support) – Tier 1
Job classification: G-4
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 540,912 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Global ICT Operations, and the direct supervision of the Head of Global User Support, the successful candidate will provide first-level (Tier 1) user and technical support and services to users of IOM’s corporate applications and infrastructure worldwide, promoting a client and service-oriented approach.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Issue ticket ownership – open, update, and close tickets assigned, meeting or exceeding Service Level Agreements (SLA)Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Provide Tier 1 level technical support such as immediate diagnosis and workarounds for reported incidents.
- Log all actions and steps taken to respond to an incident or to complete a request.
- Assist in determining root causes and propose resolution for problems raised by reported incidents. Escalate to Tier 2 technical support and supervisor when necessary and accordingly to identified priority levels.
- Provide support for planned technology upgrades for network, systems and applications;
- Provide end-user training, when assigned for organization-wide deployment and/or while on Duty Travel (TDY) when necessary.
- Perform agreed tasks and collaborate with relevant units, when assigned, for joint development and delivery of new applications, systems and networks.
- Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of existing network, systems and applications (core services) in conjunction with relevant units.
- Perform monitoring of systems, network (LAN, WAN), applications and provide routine control of servers and data on assigned shifts.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation and reference materials for planned and delivered user and technical services when assigned.
- Establish technical relationship and collaboration with other pertinent department/units – and with partners, suppliers and providers – to identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness.
- Participate proactively in face to face shift turnover meetings and contribute to ensure continuity of the support service.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office) and web-based applications. Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL Certifications or other relevant industry certifications are an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: Medium-sized offices support for LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment and Windows-based servers; Windows Server and desk support;
- Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems;
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies;
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to initiate and manage group studies to learn more about supporting the current infrastructure;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 23 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0202023-vn-0202023-ict-assistant-client-support-tier-1-g-4-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.