Position Title: HR Assistant – Recruitment
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Sr. Resource Management Officer, the direct supervision of the National Human Resources Officer and in close coordination with the HR Specialist – Recruitment, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable in carrying out the recruitment, selection and hiring of both staff and non-staff for the Manila (Global) Administrative Centre.
He or she will also closely coordinate with the hiring managers and selection panel in ensuring the effective implementation of the IOM recruitment policies, as well as with the external recruitment partners, vendors, universities, headhunters, UN agencies and other international organization for staffing need.
The HR Assistant – Recruitment is also expected to maintain high-level of customer service to its stakeholders ensuring that hiring managers and candidates’ experience are the team’s priority.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Process requests for recruitment, selection and hiring process for Vacancy Notices (VNs), Special Vacancy Notices (SVNs) and Direct Recruitment requirement for MAC, in close coordination with the Sr. HR and Recruitment Assistant and National HR Officer.
- Provide guidance to hiring managers/ panel members, coordinate regarding the recruitment requisitions and calibrate the team’s hiring requirement.
- Prepare Post Description (PD), in coordination with the Sr. HR and Recruitment Assistant and National HR Officer, ensuring that it is in accordance with the prescribed IOM template;
- Prepare and advertise Vacancy Notice (VN) and Special Vacancy Notice (SVN) in various media channels;
- Review eligibility and qualifications of shortlisted candidates proposed by the hiring managers or selection panel in accordance with the IOM Recruitment Standards, as well as requests for changes in personnel action.
- Ensure proper administration of written/online technical exam to the shortlisted candidates;
- Prepare closing documents, review selection recommendation and ensure that the required recruitment template, HR Action Form, Candidate Assessment Form (CAF), and Candidate Assessment and Appointment Recommendation Form are accomplished and completed prior to routing for coordination;
- Coordinate interview schedules, participate in panel interviews, and ensure that relevant interview materials are in order (e.g. interview protocols, availability of selection panel, venue, confirmation of the candidates, etc.);
- Conduct reference checks, job offer and send-out regret letter to unsuccessful candidates;
- Provide support in the on-boarding of newly hired staff members (e.g. Contract and ID issuance; collection of completed requirements; endorsement to hiring unit, sending of EOD notification, welcome kit etc.).
Act as the focal point for the recruitment of non-staff including Consultants, On-the-Job Trainees/ Intern and UN Volunteers, in coordination with the Sr. HR and Recruitment Assistant and National HR Officer.
- Liaise with the hiring manager on the requirements for hiring of Consultants/OJT/Intern, DR;
- Source candidates from talent pool or publish vacancy announcement and participate in the selection process if needed;
- Conduct job offer and coordinate the administrative formalities (e.g. list of requirements, contract issuance etc.) to ensure completeness of requirements prior to on-boarding;
- Communicate the Entry on Duty (EOD) notification and conduct new hire orientation.
Maintain MAC’s Organization Management (OM) in SAP by ensuring the correct encoding and update of organizational unit, position ID and salary projectization (WBS).
- Review MAC’s organizational structure in coordination with the Sr. Recruitment Assistant and National HR Officer
- Create or designate position ID, salary projectization, and reporting lines for newly hired, transferred and promoted staff members
- Ensure that approved structural changes are reflected in SAP for proper administration of Staff Evaluation System (SES)
Prepare and maintain trackers, reports, and systems available for MAC HR Recruitment.
- Regularly update the Recruitment Tracking List for VN, SVN, Interns, Consultants and database, in collaboration with the Sr. HR and Recruitment Assistant;
- Assist in the preparation of recruitment reports and to other recruitment related activities and initiatives.
- Regularly monitor the HR Manila Mailbox. Ensure that all recruitment related inquiries are addressed in a timely manner, and general HR inquiries are endorsed to appropriate HR focal points.
- Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls etc.
Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adopt existing ones taking into consideration the specifics needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
Respond to issues related to the recruitment processes and recommend appropriate action to the hiring managers in a timely manner, in accordance with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures and refer the most sensitive/complex ones to the National HR Officer.
Maintain regular coordination with MACHR Personnel Administration to support the timely on-boarding of staff. Ensure incoming staff completion of pre-employment requirements, IOM forms, contract and PA prior to Entry on Duty (EOD).
Perform other recruitment related administrative duties
- Prepare the utilization reports from the commissioned job sites on a monthly basis
- Prepare Request for Payments (RFPs) for new hire Entry on Duty (EOD) medical exam; external advertisements, and to other recruitment related payments;
- Prepare weekly vacancy announcements and monthly new staff member announcements to be distributed internally via e-mail blast;
Assist in organizing Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups, as assigned.
Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
Perform other HR related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Industrial Relations, Behavioral and Development Studies, Public or Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in human resource management and general personnel administration; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience;
- Diploma or Certification in HR an advantage.
- Experience in recruitment and human resource management;
- At least six (6) months of work experience in international/multi-cultural and/or UN system.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients;
- High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP an advantage;
- Excellent organization and analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to work with minimum supervision*.*
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 15 February 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0142023-vn-0142023-hr-assistant-recruitment-g-5-manila-global-administrative-centre
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.