Job Title: Assistant Durable Solutions Officer
Location San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Time type Full time
Job requisition ID JR2310465
Hardship Level B
Family Type Family
Staff Member/Affiliate Type UNOPS IICA-1
Target Start Date 2023-04-01
Job Posting End Date February 8, 2023
Terms of Reference
This position is focused exclusively on the Honduras Operation livelihoods strategy.
- Diverse field experience and in high-risk areas.
- Knowledge of ProGress database software or similar.
- Knowledge of start-ups development, financial inclusion programs, labor market inclusion programs.
- Communication with local authorities and the private sector.
- Work with vulnerable population.
- Technical leadership to staff or counterparts. Previous experience with the UN system
Language Requirements: Working knowledge in English (B2 level) and Proficiency in Spanish (C1 level) is essential.
• This position is advertised to internal and external applicants. Honduran nationals or candidates with a permanent address in Honduras are not eligible to apply.
• Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern, is subject to proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, independently of contract type and duration. The selected candidate(s) will be required to provide the proof of vaccination prior to recruitment.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The recruitment process might include written test and/or oral interview for this job opening. No late applications will be accepted.
• UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
• Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered depending on relevant experience as per the requirements of the job advertisement.
Standard Job Description
Assistant Durable Solutions Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
The Assistant Durable Solutions Officer can serve as a focal point for solutions related issues in a region, and reports to a more senior Protection, Resettlement or Durable Solutions staff. The incumbent may have supervisory responsibility for durable solutions staff.
The incumbent is relied upon to ensure the implementation of a durable solutions strategy, and to contribute to ensuring a conducive environment leading towards finding durable solutions. S/he works closely with protection and programme staff. Fostering an environment to enhance partnerships is a critical element of the work, as are activities designed to strength the involvement of refugee communities and their hosts in the design and implementation of solutions strategies.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Provide counselling to refugees and other persons of concern (POC) to identify the most appropriate durable solution and to enable them to make a well-informed decision.
– Interview candidates for voluntary repatriation and prepare documentation for their return.
– Interview and prepare Resettlement Referral Forms (RRF), in line with Resettlement SOPs.
– Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners.
– Assist in updating the electronic database for resettlement, voluntary repatriation and local integration, in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
– Process documentation to ensure that POC receive the documents required for their durable solutions in a timely manner.
– Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners.
– Interview and advise on the appropriate durable solution to be provided to POC. Prepare documents relating to durable solutions.
– Enter information into available database, in line with SOPs.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of refugee issues and Human Rights doctrine. Very good reporting and writing ability.
Diverse field experience. Knowledge of ProGress database software.
*CO-Drafting and Documentation
*IT-Microsoft Office Productivity Software
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs:
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs:
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs:
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
BA: International Relations (Required), BA: Law (Required), BA: Political Science (Required), BA: Social Science (Required)
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
How to apply
Para aplicar debe seguir las siguientes instrucciones:
Ingresar a través del siguiente vinculo:** https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External**
- Buscar la posición a aplicar por – Location o puede colocar el número de la Job Requisition en la barra de búsqueda (ejemplo: JR2310465)
- Seleccionar aplicar y le desplegará las opciones para hacerlo. Si aún no tiene usuario creado, seleccionar “Create Account”
- Una vez creada su cuenta puede iniciar su aplicación en línea.