Position Title: HR Assistant (HR Administration)
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: General Staff/ G-5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing a full range of personnel support services relating to contract administration and entitlements and benefits to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Headquarters (HQ).
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Human Resources Administration Unit and direct supervision of the National Human Resources Officer, the successful candidate will process personnel actions for staff in the Professional category in a specific Region and / or Headquarters based General Service staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide information and documentation to staff members as required.
- Respond to staff queries via phone, Skype for Business or e-mail relating to Human Resources Administration, for staff within the assigned region, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review, process and complete human resources actions relating to low risk contract administration actions and entitlements and benefits for all staff, within the assigned Region/area of responsibility, as defined in the HRAU Transaction and Approval Matrix, within the agreed service levels for each action.
- Generate reports related to contract administration.
- Coordinate with SRMOs/RMOs, HR Officers, CoMs/RDs, HQ Departments and BUD for the necessary approvals for contract administration actions.
- Respond to staff members’ requests for correspondence and prepare necessary attestations and certificates.
- Update accurately Human Resources master data in the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as required.
- Escalate complex cases for resolution.
- Complete all human resources actions relating to time keeping and time management including those impacting payroll within the timelines defined by the Payroll Unit, to ensure accurate payment of salary.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience; or,
- High school diploma with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation, in a multi-cultural setting, is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 18 December 2022 with reference code VN 106/2022 HR Assistant (HR Administration).
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1062022-vn-1062022-human-resources-assistant-human-resources-administration-g-5-manila
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.