Position Title: National Human Resource Officer (Talent Acquisition Regional Focal Point) (4 vacancies)
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: National Officer/ NO-B
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 1,577,572.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Integrated Talent Management, direct supervision of the Head of the (Global) recruitment unit, and in collaboration with the Human Resource Officer and relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will coordinate and monitor candidates search, assessment and selection providing end-to-end services from the initiation of requisitions to the on-boarding of the new hire. The selected candidate is expected to serve as a bridge between the Global recruitment and selection team and hiring offices reconciling the need for flexibility with the requirement for compliance.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee and review the day-to-day work of the Recruiting assistants. Track and follow-up on recruitment requests/ staffing requirements and selection processes in the assigned region.
- Partner with hiring offices in the assigned region to help anticipate bottlenecks and keep the target in terms of recruitment metrics.
- In close coordination with the Head of Recruitment, advise hiring managers and selection panels on complex issues.
- Contribute to process improvement and the development of talent- related processes, practices, and strategies especially those pertaining to building and nurturing talent pipeline in their assigned region.
- Conduct planning/intake meeting with hiring managers to identify, understand key requirements and discuss sourcing approaches especially on hard to fill jobs; review draft of vacancies before posting and advise on appropriate posting channels.
- Liaise with recruitment sources with a view of attracting qualified candidates particularly from non-represented member states; develop sourcing techniques to enhance candidate pools for specialized jobs, review the effectiveness of candidates’ sources and suggest new avenues; Lead sourcing and attraction activities, with the support of the HR Officer.
- Work closely with hiring managers to influence effective recruiting approaches and set realistic expectations on time to fill positions and candidates pool quality. Support on identifying diverse selection panels; facilitate panel preparedness and support the panel in identifying assessment methods and relevant competency-based interview questions.
- Manage candidates’ expectations and keep them engaged with the aim of improving the overall candidate’s experience throughout the process.
- Supervise a team of Recruiting Specialist and assistants and ensure compliance throughout the talent acquisition chain.
- Provide advisory services to countries under their portfolio on recruitment and selection for all category of staff.
- Support the development of knowledge and information management related to recruitment activities. Produce/ maintain knowledge products (repository, SOPs, templates, etc.) to facilitate replication of good practices and learning within the Team. Train/coach new staff and contribute to continuous capacity-building for existing staff in the Team.
- Provide input to the preparation of periodic statistical reports. Prepare special reports, briefs and presentations in the area of recruitment. Provide support in collecting information for internal and external audits, verification requests, etc.
- Ensure a consistent, fair and transparent application/implementation of recruitment and HR policies within the assigned region.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and related technological tools and participates in the definition of revised or new business requirements for existing Applicant Tracking System.
- In coordination with the head of Recruitment Unit, drive talent attraction projects to support broader strategic initiatives.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant experience.
- University degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience
- Working experience in fast-paced environments is required;
- Experience in talent acquisition, talent management, staff development, performance management.
- Experience in supervising a team is required.
- Experience in sourcing and attraction, and recruitment marketing.
- Experience in supporting roles in a global shared service center or multi-countries operations supervising a team is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Oracle Recruiting is desirable.
- Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems is an advantage.
- Managerial experience in a recruiting firm with extensive focus on sourcing is considered a clear advantage
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Ability to design and implement innovative HR programs within a fast paced, evolving, and wide organizational setting.
- High degree of cultural awareness; sound analytical skills; resilience
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, proactively formulate advice and analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations on a wide range of HR-related matters
- Ability to exercise the highest level of discretion and tact;
- Excellent client orientation, and interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent ability in building and nurturing networks;
- High degree of computer literacy is required; good knowledge of MS Office suite, SAP, Success Factor or other applicant tracking system
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 20 December 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-096-0992022-vn-096-0992022-national-human-resource-officer-talent-acquisition-regional
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.