WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, assisting 115.5 million people in 84 countries by delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty. For its efforts to combat hunger, for its contribution to bettering conditions for peace in conflict-affected areas, and for acting as a driving force in efforts to prevent the use of hunger as a weapon of war and conflict, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2020.
In 2018, WFP re-established its presence in the Caribbean with an office in Barbados. The WFP Caribbean Multi-Country Office supports 22 countries and territories across the English- and Dutch-speaking Caribbean. WFP Caribbean’s capacity strengthening programme focuses on vulnerability analysis and mapping; end-to-end supply chain management; shock-responsive social protection; food systems strengthening; and climate risk financing. In times of crisis, WFP works with partners to provide direct assistance when events surpass national and regional capacities by delivering food, cash, or voucher assistance, or through emergency logistics or emergency telecommunications service provision.
This position reports to the Head of Satellite Office in Guyana.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities and deliver a limited number of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported in the Guyana Satellite Office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
Admin Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as:
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
- Any other related duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record with experience in general administrative work. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
- Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
- Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
- Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
- Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
- Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
- Comfortable operating both Left-Hand Drive and Right-Hand Drive vehicles.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the English Language
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who Can Apply?
This position is open to nationals of Guyana and legal residents with a work permit. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Type of position: Short Term. Full Time.
Type of Contact: Service Contract SC-2.
Duration on Contract: 12 months. This contract is eligible for extension. Extension of contract will be based on satisfactory performance and operational requirements.
Duty Station: Georgetown, Guyana.
Benefits and Entitlements
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 30 Days of Annual Leave
- Pension Contribution
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave and Compassionate Leave
- Parental Leave (birth and non-birth parents)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The application should be submitted by March 26, 2023 at 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgment.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.