WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Consultant Software Monitoring – Emergency Operations
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
Consultancy Level I
Global Surge Coordination Unit (GSCU)/Emergency Operations Division (EME)
DUTY STATION (City, Country):
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The Emergency Operations Division (EME) supports WFP’s Regional Bureaus (RBs), Country Offices (COs) and partners to prepare and respond to current and future emergencies in a rapidly changing humanitarian environment. EME provides a field-focused, service oriented, steering and convening role focusing on forward-looking preparedness and support to emergencies to ensure a swift, coordinated, and integrated response. In particular, the ability to timely deploy surge staff with the required operational experience and technical skills remains a critical factor for effective emergency response.
The Global Surge Coordination Unit (GSCU) within EME identifies, upskills and dispatches emergency response staff in support of life-saving operations where required. It is responsible for managing the process of identifying and dispatching personnel in response to staffing requests, leveraging a pool of qualified candidates. The GSCU also maintains Standby Partnerships with governments and NGOs to field technical experts when needed. It also holds the Surge Learning team which capacitates staff through a curated learning journey that ensures those deployed have the right skills to make an impact.
The GSCU is recruiting a Software Engineer to support the digital transformation team in system maintenance and mainstream innovations to improve efficiencies in the overall the surge deployment process, including supporting data analysis and reporting. The selected candidate will report to the Business Transformation Officer and work closely with colleagues in the digitalization team, GSCU and other cross-functional units in the organization to collaboratively work towards common goals.
- Gathering requirements, designing, and deploying application components for new GSCU software and systems implementation in collaboration with internal users, cross-functional units, and external service providers.
- Developing a sustainable and cohesive technical architecture to implement proactive measures and conduct root cause analysis in conjunction with the rest of the digitalization team to create key solutions for surge deployment processes that comply with WFP standards.
- Designing the vision and roadmaps architecture for digitalization projects in accordance with WFP regulations and standards.
- Creating innovative solutions via application components that provide GSCU with the appropriate digital solutions that ensure an enhanced end-user experience aligned with WFP corporate rules and standards.
- Designing, implementing, and troubleshooting GSCU web-based applications to guarantee reliable, efficient, and bug-free operations, with a thorough understanding of the system and its components, including hardware and software, to detect and address any issues that may arise.
- Managing integrations and web tech stack of GSCU digitalized solutions and any applicable data for efficient surge deployment by ensuring unit, regression, and performance testing.
- Serving as support liaison between GSCU and internal/external stakeholders (external service providers, product owner, staffing coordinators etc.) to ensure a clear understanding of business requirements and the proper implementation of digitalized solutions in compliance with WFP TEC rules and architecture standards while being inclusive and integrated with other corporate digitalized platforms.
- Collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders (content, product owner, service provider) to monitor GSCU digitalized solutions, such as SurgeStation, ensuring efficient and effective operations and optimization for product-led growth, and promptly identifying any issues that arise.
- Upgrading and maintaining the emergency coordination and communication system to ensure it remains up-to-date and functioning optimally, with the latest technologies and industry best practices implemented for upgrades and maintenance as necessary.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance efficiency, updating standard documentation and standardized processes with a clear definition and delivery of metrics for GSCU digitalized projects to measure success and compliance.
- Managing website tracking and tagging, monitoring, optimizing website flows for each user journey, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Documenting all business process changes, upgrades, testing and maintenance activities to ensure system stability and security over time, and to support any troubleshooting issue that may arise.
- Providing additional support as requested.
- High-quality and innovative architecture designs for GSCU digitalized solutions
- Regular progress reporting with set Key Performance Indicators for digitalized projects success and compliance
- Mapping of business requirements, bottlenecks, stakeholders for the successful implementation of innovative GSCU digitalized solutions, including SurgeStation
- Timeline and roll-out document of key application components of GSCU digitalized solutions including testing strategy for each phase
- Delivery of SurgeStation as a final product enhancing and improving the surge deployment process experience
- Alignment of reporting digitalization throughout the entire development of products to enable an end-to-end reporting mechanism.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses in Software Engineering or Information Technology Business.
- At least 4 years of progressive professional experience software development experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and game development & more
- Experience in working in innovation or innovative thinking is an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Development within an Agile product development methodology
- Experience with Java server-side programing & game development
- Good knowledge of MySQL and Oracle Databases (Procedures, Data modelling)
- Experience with React.js and building single page applications considered a plus.
- Experience configuring/administrating application servers such as Apache and Tomcat considered a plus
- Experience with Linux OS and shell scripting
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline Azure DevOps.
- Familiarity with typical web tech stacks – Webflow, Google Analytics, Mutiny, Salesforce, Hubspot, Intellimize, Drift, Intercom, Marketo, Segment
- Experience through the different stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to do intermediate/advanced level web development tasks
- Project management skills
- Excellent and demonstrated capability to work collaboratively within a team
- Proficiency in Web Graphic User Interface (GUI) design and development
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 19th March 2023
Ref.: VA No. 514776
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.