Position Title: Data Analyst and Reporting Officer (DTM)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 04 January 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme Officer, the Data Analyst and Reporting Officer (DTM) will be responsible and accountable for supporting in the drafting and dissemination of all DTM information products including, but not limited to, the national and regional dashboards, regional reports, situation updates, displacement profiles, rapid response assessment reports and other relevant products.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support in designing Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) reporting plan and in drafting information products including from Site Assessment, Village Assessment survey, as well as contributing to Flow Monitoring, the Transhumance Tracking Tool pending confirmation and funding and information from any ad hoc assessments conducted.
- Support the DTM Project Officer in improving the aesthetic of all DTM information management products.
- Under the guidance of the DTM information management team and DTM Programme Officer, support in producing infographics and data visualizations to improve data user understanding of DTM data including participation in information sharing sessions.
- Support in improving the dissemination methods for DTM information products and the positioning of DTM products among users.
- With the approval of the DTM Programme Officer, upload all DTM reports to the website and ensure timely sharing of products with Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office as assigned.
- Under the guidance of the DTM Information Management Team, support in the monitoring of DTM data through the reporting process and provide feedback regarding any inconsistencies.
- Support in determining relevant information for inclusion and report development for all DTM reports.
- Under the guidance of the DTM Programme Officer, support field staff to capture progress in project implementation through photographs, testimonials, and other media avenues.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Media, Journalism and Political Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in media, information management, analysis, graphic design, editing, and publishing or similar at the professional or intern level.
- Ability to use publishing software like Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Publisher, and others;
- Ability to use graphic design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and others;
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to use data visualization software like PowerBI, Tableau and others is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 January 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2022 344 Data Analyst and Reporting Officer (DTM) (P2) Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Posting: Posting NC57893587 (57893587) Released