WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is January 19 , 2023.
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
BACKGROUND AND JOB PURPOSE
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Cycle and Reporting team lead, the OIM PC Consultant will lead the Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean Annual Country Report exercise and contribute to the overall reporting products and programme cycle documents and support as required. This will include close coordination within programme and other technical units at RBP level, support and follow up with COs, ensuring quality control and liaising with technical experts in headquarters to ensure that all relevant projects are adequately reported and published online for donors and internal use.
1. Coordinate with Country Offices for the Annual Reporting period, act as focal point for communicating all processes and associated documentation with CO ACR focal points; address specific requirements for different ACR sections; provide guidance and suggestions, and technical support on questions on ACR drafting and data requirements.
2. Liaise with technical units in HQ and RBs and ACR team as needed in providing specific guidance to Country Offices and ensure quality of ACRs and other reporting products as required, support the training for Reports Officers; coordinate reviews with technical teams in RB and support RB/CO.
3. Coordinate the Lessons Learned exercise in a consultative way with different stakeholders.
4. Provide analytical and technical support to Country Offices in streamlining reporting and analysis tasks and in the preparation of different operational products to ensure consistent quality documents to fulfill corporate requirements.
5. Contribute to the Programme Cycle guidance and processes, to ensure consistency with standardized procedures, quality standards and strategic direction.
6. Programme cycle coordination with Country Offices of the decentralized strategic programme review processes (s-PRP), and electronic programme review processes (e-PRP), as well as the Regional Bureau technical review of Country Strategic Plans (CSP), Country Operational Management Plans (COMP) and budget revisions.
7. Any other reporting or programme cycle tasks as required and/or assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
**Education:**University degree in in one or more of the following disciplines: political science, sociology, economics, business management, operations management, development studies, and international development.
Experience: 3-5 years of postgraduate, progressively responsible experience in data analysis, monitoring and reporting. Minimum 3 years’ experience coordinating and drafting ACR at CO/Regional level.
Languages: Spanish and English level C in both oral and written communication; working knowledge (level B) of a second UN language, preferably French, is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The incumbent should have the following skills and experience:
• Familiarity with WFP’s framework for results reporting;
• Excellent communication skills (oral/written) to provide clear guidance, support and feedback to all stakeholders;
• Excellent analytical and conceptual skills with a demonstrated ability to research, draft and clear concise information products or analyses;
• Excellent knowledge of humanitarian operations, methods and systems;
• Ability to deliver results through planning and organizing own activities effectively and independently;
• Ability to successfully manage and prioritise multiple requests in a deadline-driven environment;
• Strong coordination and collaboration skills and the ability to influence stakeholders;
• Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds; ability to meet strict deadlines;
• Computer skills (office software package), including word processing, spreadsheets, data capture systems.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Publication of ACR facilitated in line with the corporate deadline.
- Layout of ACR in line with corporate standard.
- Lessons learned submitted
- Continuous analytical and technical support to the sub-unit.
- Analytical and technical support to Country Offices.
- Take stock of and develop innovative solutions to improve WFPs Information Management products and processes further.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings:1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: International Regular Consultant
Level: CST I
Duration: 8 months
Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for two (2) years.
Consultants are recognized authorities or specialists in a specific field and whose services are utilized in an advisory, consultative, or demonstrative capacity.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy please follow this link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=257401&company=C0000168410P