Position Title: Accountant (Insurance)
Duty Station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Nine months with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 42,000 per month net of taxes (All-inclusive Salary)
Under the general supervision of the National Central Accounting Officer and under the direct supervision of the CAS-General Accounting Supervisor, the successful candidate is responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries for the monthly insurance claims processed and set-up the monthly receivables from the insurance provider.
- Prepare journal entries for the monthly insurance premiums that are not processed thru payroll and set-up the payables to the insurance provider.
- Monitor and monthly perform clearing of insurance provider accounts.
- Monitor open items for staff vendor accounts related to medical claims posting and provide statistical data and updated status of health claims clearing on vendor accounts. Coordinate with Insurance Unit Manila (IUM) and finance contacts on clearing of open items.
- Prepare entries for sanctioned countries and Payment through IOM (PTI). Ensure the accuracy and correctness of payment list to be provided to the treasury and offices.
- Reconcile, clear and monitor insurance accounts and project codes.
- Collaborate with Finance contacts, Insurance Unit Manila (IUM), Treasury and Manila Human Resources Operations for proper disposition/clearance of long outstanding unreconciled items on the insurance accounts.
- Provides accounting support to Insurance Unit Manila (IUM) and Department of Human Resources relating to insurance
- Perform insurance accounts reconciliations as may be required.
- Perform reconciliation and ensure to update and monitor premium payments of retired staff for the year and provide update to IUM for their coordination.
- Reconcile log of selected medical claims versus log of payments, posting simulation, actual posting made and list of claims to be submitted to the insurance provider for direct payments to medical institutions and regular medical claims.
- Identify and coordinate to IUM and PRISM any inconsistency detected during the reconciliation.
- Ensure the accuracy and correctness of payment list to be provided to the treasury for the direct payments and regular medical claims.
- Perform reconciliation for reversal of claims as requested by IUM.
- Prepare adjusting entries for any changes made in relation to insurance accounts.
- Perform self-control/risk assessment related to insurance accounting and update the risk register as needed.
- Assist in preparation of business specifications/requirements and perform testing procedures for any changes, enhancement or development affecting CAS.
- Maintain secure and organized filing system for insurance accounting
- Manage CAS – Insurance Accounting mailbox and answer any queries related to insurance accounting.
- Provide accounting support to Pension Administration team with the monthly upload of UNJSPF accounts.
- Assist in review and reconciliation for UNJSPF Year-end audit.
- Perform other accounting functions as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Management, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of Finance, Management, Accounting
- Knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP plus generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment, efficiency, flexibility, self-motivation, creative thinking and strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and draft correspondences in English
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM Philippines jobsite not later than 05 December 2022 with reference code DR 052/2022 Accountant (Insurance).
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0522022-dr-0522022-accountant-insurance-ungraded-manila-global-administrative-centre
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.