Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
Water and Habitat Engineer
Based in Dnipro (frequent travel to the field)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Dnipro, Poltava, Vinnytsia, Lviv, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Odesa.
The ICRC is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to fill the position of Water and Habitat Engineer in Dnipro.
Purpose: Water and Habitat Engineer plans, designs and implements engineering projects within the scope of the ICRCâ€™s water and habitat assistance objectives with supervision and coaching from their hierarchical superior. S/he monitors on-site works, carries out needs assessments and surveys, and plans new projects. S/he has a close working relationship with external stakeholders related to their projects.
Functional general responsibilities:
- Participates in site visits, collecting and compiling technical information related to the rehabilitation and construction works.
- Works collaboratively with other departments during the day-to-day activities and within the responsibilities designated.
- Participates in preparation of tender documentation by elaborating projects design, bills of quantities and costs’ estimate for the proposed rehabilitation or construction works.
- Participates in the preparation of contractual documents, including advertisement, detailing payment terms, selection of winning contractor through criteria, and organizing payment according to measured works and ensure procedures and confidentiality are respected.
- Supervises daily workers and contractors in order to ensure that minimum standards of construction works are respected and are acceptable.
- Provides information to their supervisor and project colleagues on stakeholder issues, security and site progress.
- Creates and maintains paper or electronic files up-to-date.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in mechanical, electrical, civil engineering or equivalent (hydraulic, energy, environmental, etc.).
- At least 2 yearsâ€™ professional work experience in a related field of activity.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Ukrainian or Russian.
- Good command of English.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation and/or construction engineering.
- Good computer literacy (Excel/ Word), including CAD software.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
Social package and other benefits:
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law.
- Annual paid 20 days’ vacation.
- Medical insurance for employees and family.
- ICRC Institutional training.
- Individual development covered by ICRC.
- foreign language courses.
- Convenient office location in the city centre.
Starting date: ASAP
How to apply
Please submit your CV, along with your motivation letter in English and salary expectations to the attention of the Human Resources Department.
Application deadline: 07/03/2023
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/