Vacancy Notice Open to Internal and External Candidates 1 positions
Position Title: Migration Health Physician
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: National Officer, NOA
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: March 14 2023
Reference Code: VN2023/002SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator based in San Salvador, El Salvador, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Health Assessment Process and Travel Medical Assistance for the Resettlement Support Center Latin America and Caribbean.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Performs Pre-Departure Medical examination including Pre-Embarkation Check (Fitness to Travel Physical Exam) for all departing refugees including and coordinate Pre-Departure Specialist Evaluation.
- Perform Pre-departure counseling and health education of departing refugees, provides required hygiene supplies and PPEs.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Register the Significant Medical Conditions cases and refugees that will need ADL support and/or medical travel requirements and report them to Migration Health Coordinator.
- Report the results of the Pre-Embarkation Check to Migration Health Coordinator and ensures all results are entered in the system in a timely manner.
- Track all cases in the system regarding the health assessment status, performs medical hold managements, monitors processing indicators, and provides regular reports and recommendations to Migration Health Coordinator.
- Request regular updates from panel physicians in respect available slots, vaccine availability and other process related issues, sending regular reports and recommendations to the Migration Health Coordinator.
- Coordinate the logistics for medical exam and refugee health medical activities for U.S. resettlement cases with the Panel Clinic in the areas of:
- Medical examinations;
- Laboratory testing;
- TB management;
- Treatment and referrals;
- Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
- Documentation, certification and information transmission;
- Fitness-to-travel checks; and
- Other technical areas as may be required.
- Participate in writing SOPs and instructions as well as staff training.
- Monitor the inventory of all medical consumables and supplies assigned for the Pre-Embarkation Check and coordinate, follow up and verify procurement for Pre embarkation check supplies, PPE and hygiene kits for refugees.
- Validate Vaccination Medical Form and invoices and advise any discrepancies based on USRAP Vaccination Schedule and agreed upon costs to the Migration Health Coordinator.
- Provide specialized assistance to OPS colleagues in movement preparations/planning.
- Prepare statistical reports as needed.
- Perform the medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Medicine with a minimum of five years of relevant clinical experience and a valid license to practice in El Salvador
- Clinical experience in community primary health care or hospital level.
- Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, immunizations,communicable diseases or public health is an advantage.
- Computer literacy required: MS Office package (Word, Excel, Access)
- Training in Basic and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support is an asset
- Previous work with international organization or migration health or public health projects is anasset.
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
- •Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- •Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- •Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Managerial Competencies- behavioural indicators level 2
- •Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- •Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- •Strategic thinking & vision : works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by March 14, 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IMPORTANT: Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. Itshould state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and inEnglish.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 18.01.2023 to 14.03.2023