Videography Services – National consultant for 11.5 months for Papua New Guinea Office
Job no: 565449
Position type: Consultant
Location: Papua New Guinea Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
School/Unit: Papua New Guinea
Department/Office: Port Moresby, Papua N. Guinea
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child Nutrition Health and Education
With over 850 indigenous languages and one of the most ethnically diverse populations, widespread poverty, and gender inequality make it hard for many children to realize their rights. In Papua New Guinea, UNICEF’s works effectively both ‘upstream’ (with governments) and ‘downstream’ (at the grassroots level) to carry out its mission through a programme of cooperation jointly developed with the government guides our work in the country.
How can you make a difference?
Scope of Work:
Assignments to be carried out under this consultancy will include producing video content, filming field activities and on-camera interviews, covering events and program activities. Deliverables for this consultancy will include completed videos, producing b-roll and broadcast quality video content show showcasing UNICEF programme and emergency that tell the stories of change from the field UNICEF key stakeholders. These will be used for UNICEF’s digital channels, campaigns, supporting donor requests and educational, public awareness and advocacy purposes.
Tasks and activities:
- Participate in pre-production briefings and plannings
- Based on signed off scripts and in close consultation with UNICEF, film activities, events and interviews
- Obtain signed consent forms where required and provide these to UNICEF
- Provide post-production services including voice overs and sub-titles
- Ensure final product is delivered within specified time
- Provide the best selection of related b-roll accompanied with description
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Bachelor’s Degree – 3-year(s) experience OR High School certificate and certificate in videography with at least 5 years’ experience
- Experience in using videography to document development work
- Very good experience in videography – camera work, video editing and production
- Possession of required equipment – camera, professional lighting, drone, and editing equipment as well required software and computer. Proof of ownership of the same required
- UNICEF/UN experience in doing similar work required
Language skills. Fluency required in English and Tok-Pisin
- Candidate must be a national of PNG.
- Interested applicants must submit a CV and a financial proposal for the following:
- Documentary – 5 mins
- Long video – 3 mins
- Short video – 2.5 mins
- Editing video with UNICEF provided footage
- Detailed b-roll
- Audio/radio jingle for radio and TV spots -30 sec
- Radio/TV spots – 60 secs
For every Child, you demonstrate…
For every Child, you demonstrate… our core values of Commitment, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability.
This position is a short-term assignment and doesn’t give rise to a long-term permanent post with the organization.
Applicants are required to include in their applications a financial proposal which includes a lumpsum amount for consultancy fees, local transportation and other miscellaneous costs. Breakdown or details of the fee will be much appreciated.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or orientation).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Sep 01 2023 West Pacific Standard Time
Application close: Sep 08 2023 West Pacific Standard Time
Back to list
- Closes Sep 08 2023Videography Services – National consultant for 11.5 months for Papua New Guinea Office in Papua New Guinea