Job Identification : 8370
Locations : Chisinau, Moldova
Posting Date : 03/14/2023, 03:39 PM
Apply Before : 03/27/2023, 09:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB4
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education and Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience
working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes
Required Languages : English and Romanian
Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language
Job Category : Adolescent & Youth
Programme Manager on Youth Participation leads the effective implementation and ensures synergy of UNFPA programmatic interventions and advocacy efforts in the youth participation area. He/she is undertaking a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management, implementation, and monitoring of interventions and activities in close coordination and under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth.
The Programme Manager is closely working with the Ministry of Education and Research, the National Agency for Youth Programs Development and Youth Work, local public authorities, the National Network of Youth Centers, civil society organizations, young people, UN agencies, development partners, and donors, and other stakeholders working with and for young people.
As Programme Manager on Youth Participation, you would be responsible for:
A. Ensuring efficient programme’s result-based management:
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day programme implementation that leads to achieving the expected results in synergy and complementarity with other programmes under the Adolescents and Youth Portfolio of UNFPA.
- Identifying key performance indicators as well as developing and maintaining a monitoring system to ensure effective information sharing, provision of feedback , and elaboration of top-quality progress reports.
- Within the strategic framework concerted with the national counterparts, preparing work plans reflecting the scope of activities, timing, sequencing, cost, and other inputs for implementing the programme activities.
- Ensuring the effective management of human resources pertaining to the Programme, including staff, consultants, and experts; conducting periodic performance appraisals; building, leading , and motivating a solid team of professionals; validating terms of reference for international and national consultants, etc.
- Managing efficiently the financial resources of the Programme, including budgeting, as well as expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Coordinating the work of implementing partners related to the programme.
- Performing necessary operations in corporate ERP system(s) .
- Leading and ensuring the implementation of the programme work plan according to UNFPA rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Applying human rights and gender equality principles in programme planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applying development-humanitarian-peace nexus in programming.
B. Ensuring efficient communication and collaboration with national and international counterparts:
- Liaising with the national and international counterparts, donors, and the UNFPA office to ensure that programme results are achieved, and programme resources are managed efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring constructive regular communication, coordination, reporting to donors supporting the programme interventions, anticipating, and flagging any deviations from the work plans, and proposing solutions in coordination with UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization strategy in the respective area by compiling and synthesizing relevant background material for use in discussions and public events, supporting the programme proposals development, etc.
- Building partnerships with national and local public authorities, private sector, civil society organizations and other actors from the youth field.
- Leading and coordinating the organization of meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, study tours , and related activities relevant to the implementation of the Programme.
C. Ensuring high quality information and visibility of the programme:
- Ensuring high-quality information and visibility of the programme interventions and results to the mass media and stakeholders.
- Advocating for and promoting programme interventions by compiling and synthesizing relevant background materials, drafting programme summaries, articles, publications, speeches, and presentations for delivery via journals, meetings, public events, and in other fora.
- Contributing to the creation and sharing of knowledge, by synthesizing and documenting findings, success stories, best practices, and lessons learned within the programme area, to share with colleagues and partners, at the local and national levels.
Carrying out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership, which contribute to the programme efficient implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree or the equivalent of five years University Degree in education, youth development, public health, public management, population studies, law, and/or other related social science fields .
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 (five) years of progressive working experience in the design, management and implementation of projects and programmes and/or working in a relevant position to this post.
- Experience in youth policies and programmes area is a very strong advantage.
- Prior experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions , and/or NGOs, is desired.
- Extensive experience in managing a multidisciplinary team and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Romanian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant to Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian, or sign language is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
- Providing strategic vision and focus,
- Engaging internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people / Creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing , or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters, or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic, or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.