Please note that the ICRC is not a UN-system organization.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Logistics Department / Fleet Unit is recruiting a Truck Driver based in its Dnipro office. In close cooperation with the team members and line managers, the Truck Driver will mainly be responsible for transportation of goods and people in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Start date: Starting Date 09 October 2023 or as soon as possible
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Driving trucks and other types of ICRC vehicles in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic law.
- Constant monitoring of security conditions on the road.
- Accountability for the cargo under your supervision, from signing the waybill to delivery.
- Supervision of loading and unloading trucks.
- Ensuring that goods during transportation are secured in accordance with local, international and ICRC safety standards.
- Checking the assigned vehicle’ equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensuring that it is kept fueled and clean inside and out.
- Checking that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediate reporting about accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to Line Manager.
- Acting as a convoy leader when/if needed according to the ICRC security rules and time frame.
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days’ vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualification and experience between 35000 and 50000 UAH
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Truck Driver in the Logistics Department / Fleet Unit you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- Minimum secondary school diploma
- Driving license B, C, D and E
- Knowledge (spoken and written) of English is an asset
- Good knowledge of the terrain in the area of assignment
- Minimum two years’ experience as a truck driver
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 17 September 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/