TECHNICAL, PROFESSIONAL AND MISSIONAL SPECIALIST WITH DIFFERENT APPROACHES
Job Announcement : 04/Aug/2023
Unpublishing date : 10/31/2023, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Colombia
Position type : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Main location : Various places-Various places
Duration: 2 months trial period, renewable
Position Number: N/A
FAO strives for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO must adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a policy of zero tolerance for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO provides accompaniment in specialized technical cooperation processes to entities of the National and Territorial Government in matters of the Human Right to Food, sustainable rural development, rural poverty and sustainable management of natural resources, generating capacities at the community, organizational and institutional level through the policy formulation and implementation; generation, administration, access, and exchange of information and knowledge; as well as with the promotion and participation in networks, alliances and associations; that promote the management of programs and projects, all oriented towards the eradication of hunger, the end of poverty and the reduction of inequalities.
The purpose of this call is to respond to the demands for personnel, for the execution of different programs and projects, and to provide the FAO Colombia Office with a list of candidates with qualified profiles in different technical areas.
The holder will be under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Colombia, the National Program Officer; the technical supervision of the specialist of the technical area required by the position(s) and will work in close relationship with the technical teams of the same.
Field of specialization
Profile 1: Technician
- Technical visits
- Capacity building
- Supports and means of verification
Profile 2: Professional
- Management and implementation of programs and projects
- Training plans
- Technical models
- Technical documents
- Supports and means of verification
Profile 3: Specialist
- publishable documents
- Technical studies
- Synergies and alliances
- Monthly reports
Tasks and responsibilities
Profile 1: Technician; technologist or inexperienced professional performs support tasks: supports training processes; makes technical visits to communities; develops logistics activities; generates inputs for reports; supports the collection, consolidation and systematization of project information.
Profile 2: Professional with a university degree develops process support functions from his professional expertise: provides technical assistance and support from planning to the establishment of activities; provides technical support for the technical and pedagogical models in charge; prepares and conducts training sessions; Writes, documents and presents reports on the execution results of planned activities.
Profile 3: Specialist who develops complete processes from his area of expertise and is responsible for the results of the processes in charge: advise and accompany the application of FAO methodologies; leads strategy development; accompanies inter-institutional coordination actions and alliances; accompanies, guides and advises the technical teams; leads technical tables; leads publications, studies and systematizations of the technical topics in charge; prepares documents and analyzes documents; participates in the formulation and implementation of policies.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
According to the Profile and orientation:
Profile 1: Technician; technologist or professional without experience in the following areas: agronomy; agricultural; agriculture; vet; zootechnician; agroecology; environmental; nutrition; social; agribusiness and marketing.
- From 1 to 5 years of experience for Technicians; technologists, certified.
- Certificate of completed subjects for professionals.
Profile 2: Professional with a university degree in the following areas: agronomy; agricultural; agriculture; vet; zootechnician; agroecology; environmental; nutrition; social; agribusiness and marketing.
- 2 to 5 years of certified professional experience.
Profile 3: Professional with a postgraduate degree in the following areas: agronomy; agricultural; agriculture; vet; zootechnician; agroecology; environmental; nutrition; social; agrobusiness and marketing with a postgraduate degree in rural development areas; territorial development; public or related policies.
- From 4 to 8 years of experience as a specialized, certified professional.
Profiles 1; 2 and 3:
- Fluency in Spanish (level C) spoken and written.
- Colombian nationality
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, please contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES