Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
This position is located in Manila Administrative Center, Supply Chain Unit, Procurement Compliance and Training Team under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and the overall supervision of the Head, Manila Supply Chain Unit.
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU), being part of Manila Administrative Center of IOM, provides advisory, back-office, global warehouse operations and field procurement support services for IOM projects implemented worldwide. MSCU plays an important role by performing Procurement Contracts Review function before contracts are awarded, ensuring that IOM regulations are applied and adhered to in procurements conducted by Missions and Offices around the world. Among others, MSCU provides guidance and advice on IOM’s procurement policy, e.g. it assists missions in developing procurement strategies, reviewing solicitation documents, proposals and contracts, manage risks, etc.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Conduct preliminary review of the procurement process to specific procurement cases prior to a contract award to IOM Missions and Offices within the agreed service levels and report any inconsistencies to the supervisor.
- Review the submitted case presentations and related procurement documents to check procurement activities are conducted in line with IOM procurement rules and regulations and accepted professional purchasing practices and flagging of inconsistencies.
- Review procurement documents to determine adequacy of documentation, proper recording, and accuracy of recorded transactions. Note any deviations or errors and recommend the necessary corrective actions through the Procurement Contract Review (PCR) template.
- Ensures the timely and efficient review and submission of the PCR analysis to the Head of MSCU and makes a recommendation on the proposed contract award.
- Rates the quality of the submission based on the established guidelines (if applicable).
- Ensures the necessary clarifications were acquired and the completed documents routed back to the requesting office within the established service level agreements.
- Maintains a permanent and secure record of all PCR reviews, recommendations, and case presentations.
- Compiles statistics on the workload, activities and other matters pertaining to the PCR.
- Analyses MSCU recommendations and identifies systemic trends and issues in the acquisition process.
- Provide technical guidance on procurement processes, SOPs and templates to IOM Missions and Offices. Take into consideration the latest IOM’s Procurement policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Assist MSCU Head by providing inputs, observations, and recommendations with regards to consistent application and interpretation of IOM’s policies by IOM Missions and Offices worldwide through reviews of procurements conducted in country offices and preparing Procurement Review Summary.
- Assist MSCU Head by providing inputs to the design of professional training and development activities relating to procurement and assisting missions worldwide in their procurement training needs and dissemination of supply chain best practices.
- Undergo duty travel (TDY) for field mission’s training and/or procurement assistance, if required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the MSCU Head
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree Business Administration, Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one year experience in UN system or multinational organization; or
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Trainings, diploma courses on procurement (at least CIPS Level 2 or similar) and logistics an advantage.
- Professional experience in public procurement and logistics.
- Experience in public procurement oversight, contract review, advisory is desirable
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word. Power Point and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as Power BI and Visio will be desirable;
- Excellent communications, teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 21 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1152022-vn-1152022-supply-chain-assistant-g-5-manila-global-administrative-centre-mac
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.