Position Title: Staff Travel Support Associate
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 08 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Comptroller/Director, Department of Finance and Administrative Management (DFM) and direct supervision of the Staff Travel Coordinator, the Staff Travel Support Associate will be responsible for providing support in the day-to-day operations of the Staff Travel Coordination (STC) Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support in processing of the United Nations Laissez-Passer (UNLP) – collection of documents received from the HQ and Regional and Country Offices, verification of data, data entry in the UNLP Portal Manager, monitoring of application status and dispatch of travel document. Liaise with the Staff Travel Coordinator for any issues related to the issuance of UNLP for immediate provision of resolution.
- Provide visa assistance to outgoing and incoming staff and non-IOM staff by preparing NoteVerbale or invitation letters and other related documents required for visa application. Coordinate with Embassies and Consulates for any visa-related issues.
- Check and verify the ticket invoices; create Ticket Order Record (TOR) in iGator for all issued tickets for facilitation of payment in SAP Financials. Coordinate salary deduction advise to Payroll Unit, if any.
- Process the staff travel credit card and train ticket bills for further payment processing.
- Update ticket status for created ticket order records to generate Goods Receipt/PurchaseOrder Records to commit expense in SAP Financials.
- Process hotel booking for incoming officials/staff members on duty travel to Geneva.
- Prepare Purchase Requisition (PR), Bids Analysis Summary (BAS) and Request for Payment(RFP) for prolonged stay hotel accommodations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or travel related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant work experience; or
- Completed High School / Secondary school education with five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in airline travel industry within international setting;
- Experience in international travel, including familiarity with international travel practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of and work experience in administrative and travel functions in other international organizations within HQs or in the field is desirable.
- High level of customer service orientation gained from working in the travel industry;
- Working knowledge of the Amadeus Global Distribution System (GDS);
- High level of computer literacy.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internal candidates of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified Swiss nationals or candidates residing in Switzerland or neighbouring France will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 08 March 2023.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 23.02.2023 to 08.03.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 04 (GS) Staff Travel Support Associate (G5) Geneva, Switzerland (57989729) Released
Posting: Posting NC57989730 (57989730) Released