Position Title: Sr. Payroll Administrator
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Job classification: General Staff/ G-7
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed-Term, with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 873,739.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, Manila Human Resources Operations, and the direct supervision of the National Payroll Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the timely and accurate global processing of the payroll for the International Staff Members Worldwide, employees and non-staff members (Consultants and Interns) in Switzerland, and all local staff members in the Philippines, serving both in the Country Office and in the Manila Administrative Center. He/she will be accountable for the compliance with relevant internal controls to protect the reliability and integrity of payroll data and results.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Overall in charge in the computation and processing of payroll for all International Staff Members worldwide, employees and non-staff members in Switzerland, and all local staff in the Philippines ensuring timely and accurate payment of salaries. Monitor submission of all required payroll reports to relevant units on time;
- Ensure the timely and accurate payment of consultancy fees through payroll to all consultants in Switzerland and maintain constant communication with department focal in the headquarters.
- Assist the National Payroll Officer in planning and organizing schedules for payroll runs and monitoring compliance by all units in ensuring all payroll related data are submitted on time;
- Validate payroll results as to completeness and accuracy of all payments and deductions;
- Monitor emails and see to it that staff queries and concerns regarding salary and other entitlements are promptly addressed and resolved with tact and diplomacy;
- Ensure that all changes in staff projectization sent for the period are properly taken up in PRISM. Reconcile with relevant unit/s projectization discrepancies to ensure staff costs are correctly posted; Manage / monitor and take corrective actions for staff members change in banking information thru ESS-PRISM portal align with the PRISM HR implementation;
- Coordinate successful transfer of salaries to staff members’ bank accounts with the Manila Treasury Support (MTS) and Treasury (TSY);
- Administer the payment of the terminal emoluments to all separated staff due to resignation, retirement, and end of contract and ensure recovery of all outstanding debts;
- Send monthly payment instruction to missions with officials receiving local payment of salary;
- Monitor all exceptions encountered to ensure appropriate approvals and take note of recurring cases for evaluation which may require changes in processes or outstanding rules, regulations or instructions.
- Validate the payroll accounting file; ensure that all errors or adjustments needed are resolved and coordinated to appropriate units; and ensure accurate and timely posting to Processes and Resources Integrated Systems Management (PRISM) Financials (FI);
- Ensure that payments and deductions are mapped correctly for proper charging of account;
- In charge of the review, monitoring and reconciliation of payroll accounts and carry out accounting procedure required of the payroll system;
- Provide specialized guidance to colleagues in the unit in analyzing and resolving other payroll related accounting issues;
- Work with the Manila Financial Services (MFS), Accounting Department (ACO), Budget, Mission Finance, Internal and External Auditors, Resource Management Officers (RMOs) concerning accounting issues, payroll reporting and documentation;
- Check manual payroll related adjusting entries as necessary.
- Provide necessary training and guidance to payroll administrators to ensure that they perform according to set goals and objectives;
- Supervise the work of other staff members in the unit.
- Monitor compliance of payroll staff with relevant internal controls in the unit.
- Monitor that applicable rules and regulations and instructions are followed; and approvals of appropriate personnel are sought for exceptions.
- Work closely with the payroll analysts in determining and evaluating the effectiveness and reasonableness of internal controls in place and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Review the accuracy of entries in personnel action forms vis-à-vis payslip simulations to check for accuracy of staff salaries and entitlements in the payroll.
- Work with Information and Communications Technology (ICT), PRISM technical group and PRISM Helpdesk to resolve any and all payroll system issues within PRISM;
- Recommend systems enhancements necessary to carry out payroll operations more efficiently and effectively.
- Test / check and implement all PRISM upgrades which impact payroll module within the SAP PRISM;
- Occasionally provide user training to IOM staff and PSU Focal Person in missions of PRISM-HR (Payroll) functionalities.
- Evaluate payroll processes and recommend a more effective and efficient policies and procedures relative to the operational processes of payroll activities;
- Organize and monitor the proper use of a filing and reference system using both manual and electronic file systems. Safe-keep records and establish /prepare a mechanism for the easy access and retrieval of Payroll information;
- Reviews eligibility of staff members availing cash/rental advances before recommending for approval by the MAC/ DRM Director;
- Assist mission in responding to audit queries by providing salary information (pay slip and projectization schedule) on a timely manner;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience in direct payroll functions; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with seven years of relevant professional experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) an advantage.
- Experience in corporate payroll operations with knowledge of banking and accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls;
- Knowledge of IOM financial policies and staff rules and regulations, an advantage;
- Experience with SAP HR and payroll system and applications, an advantage;
- High level of computer literacy.
- Thorough working knowledge of payroll systems and procedures, salary calculations and accounting made through payroll systems;
- Adaptation/knowledge in ERP environment an advantage.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications no later than 15 December 2022.
For further information, refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-1042022-vn-1042022-sr-payroll-administrator-g-7-manila-global-administrative-centre
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, disability status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.