Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Social Worker
Duty Station : Mae Sariang, Thailand
Classification : General Service Staff (UG,THB 61,000 per month)
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term Contract
6 months with possibility of extension
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : November 28, 2022
Reference Code : CFA063/2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Officer, technical guidance from the Regional Vaccination Support Officer and direct supervision of the Field Coordinator based in Mae Sariang, the successful candidate will support the implementation of Migration Health Unit’s field projects based in IOM Thailand’s Mae Sariang Office.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist Field Coordinator in liaison with implementing partners, including but not limited to non-governmental organizations (NGOs), CBOs, CCSDPT, Faith based organization and research institutes, and in preparing the Project Implementation Service Contracts for the Vaccine Demand and Confidence project in Mae La and Mae Sariang Temporary Shelters.
- Assist in organizing capacity building trainings for camp-based workers, including but not limited to Community Health Workers, multi-agencies camp based staffs, including organizing multi-stakeholder meetings, which include, but not limited to, liaising with training venues and health officials on administrative and logistical arrangement;
- Assist Field Coordinator in collecting and update community insights from different camp-based structures established under the Vaccine Demand and Confidence initiatives.
- Travel to project implementation areas and support organization of trainings if needed;
- Provide referral support to responsible health agency, direct assistance, and follow-up whenever relevant in support of the health service provider in the selected camps as necessary.
- With guidance of the Field Coordinator, assist in coordinating the provision of care to the refugees with necessary information in order to access relevant specialized care and/or administrative services when need be.
- Prepare documentation; and outreach messaging in collaboration with Regional Vaccination Support Officer with CDC technical guidance.
- Follow up, based on case-management model, on the referral of the identified individuals who experienced undesirable effects from vaccination
- In collaboration with the psychosocial support focal points/psychologists activate existing community support system for supporting cases as need be.
- Receive technical trainings as required in the subject of Health and Social Behaviours, Vaccine Confidence, and Infodemics Management.
- Prepare case reports and coordinate activities relevant to the project.
Perform other duties as required for the successful implementation of the project.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Social Development, Social Sciences, or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience in temporary shelters.
- Experience in humanitarian assistance and development work with refugees in temporary shelter.
- Experience in providing counselling to migrants and/or refugees is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national / international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of cultural and political context and sensitivities
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural, multilingual team.
- Fluency in Sgaw Karen, English and/or Thai (oral and written)
- Working Knowledge of Po Karen, Karenni, and/or Burmese and/or other ethnic dialects used in temporary shelters in Mae Sariang and Mae La is an advantage.
4. DESIRABLE COMPENTENCIES
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization
- Communication: Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28, 2022 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code CFA063/2022 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability
b) a curriculum vitae
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/documents/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.11.2022 to 28.11.2022