Position Title : Senior Supply Chain Management Assistant
Duty Station : IOM Philippines Country Office (Manila)
Classification : General Service Staff, G-6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 29 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, the incumbent performs the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain work plan for the Legazpi sub-office and surrounding field offices.
- Collaborate with Operations to set up resilient supply chains.
- Travel to regions within Philippines for the purpose of identifying potential vendors in those regions in the event that there is an emergency response in that region
- Suggest solutions for process improvements.
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Train and evaluate other supply chain assistants in the event of a transfer to a sub-office for emergency response operations
- Work with finance team to determine best vendors and distributors.
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Assign approved Purchase Requests to supply chain staff for further action in the event of transfer to a sub-office for emergency response operations.
- Check Bids Analysis Summaries for correctness and move through the approval process flow.
- Check Purchase Orders for correctness and move through the approval process flow.
- Ensure assets are correctly assigned to custodians, as well as ensuring assets are tagged to a new custodian when a staff member surrenders such assets upon separation from service.
- Oversee Logistics, ensuring delivered items are transported to the locations where they are required.
- Oversee Warehouse operations, ensuring that goods are properly received, issued, and accounted for.
- Perform other related duties as may be required by the Senior Resource Management Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree/Certificate in the above fields with six (6) years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree Supply Chain Management, Finance, or similar relevant field from an accredited academic institution with four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- Certification in procurement Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of four years of progressively responsible professional experience in supply chain management is required.
- Professional experience in procurement, contract management, or a related area, within the UN common system or in an international public organization, is desirable.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably Oracle, in the area of purchasing and/or supply chain is desirable.
- Proficiency in Oracle, MS Office applications such as Word and Excel; knowledge of other applications such as, PowerPoint and Visio will be helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints, accurate and detail oriented.
- Team player; ability to work effectively with different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Strong vendor negotiation skills are required
For this position, fluency in English and Tagalog is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page), a résumé highlighting the required education and experience, and a duly completed IOM Personal History Form.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via hrphilippines(at)iom.int not later than 29 March 2023. Position title and SVN Number (VN 2023 008 – Senior Supply Chain Management Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.