Reference Number: 230212
Position Level: NS 3
Department: Information Technology Department
Division: Digital Solutions Division, ITD
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2023 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c.) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment’). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Digital Solutions Division (ITDS) within the Information Technology Department (ITD) of ADB. ITD manages the information systems and technology services required for ADB’s operational activities and knowledge exchange in Headquarters and Field Offices.
ITDS provides digital solutions by delivering and supporting software application/data/business process management service products. The division works with business stakeholders to ensure the digital solutions portfolio meets business needs. In support of delivering these services, this division provides governance of applications for ADB. It also provides business process and data management foundational services to drive information consistency and efficiency of product delivery. Guided by the application governance framework and leveraging these foundational services, the division provides digital solutions to support: 1) operations and knowledge management, 2) finance and risk management, and 3) administration and corporate management. In addition, it provides resources and expertise to promote data governance practice and deliver data services, including warehousing, master data management, and business intelligence systems.
Job PurposeTo represent ITD in delivering client requirements through digital products. The incumbent leads the design of new digital products. S/he establishes governance mechanisms to organize client demand and work with delivery capacity to manage pipeline and portfolio. S/he oversees development teams and promotes modern software development methodologies, including agile, DevOps, test automation, and CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery). S/he specifically support ADB’s sovereign operations products and interlinked applications delivery and become a project member of the Sovereign Operation Modernization project.
The position will report to designated International Staff and will supervise Administrative Staff.
ResponsibilitiesStrategy, Planning, and Client Management
- Acts as the main point of contact between teams and clients. Represents ITD to clients and coordinates with different parts of ITD for client benefit.
- Maintains regular contact with clients to understand client business needs for a new product, enhancement of existing products, technical issues, training, and support matters.
- Prepares and updates product roadmap with clients by developing and maintaining a holistic pipeline and develops release plan for regular releases to the existing product enhancements.
Product Design and Development
- Defines product features according to business needs. Takes charge of user requirement analysis for product design with the technical team.
- Manages and prioritizes product backlog items. Optimizes pipeline release plan based on the delivery to ensure maximum client requirements are met.
- Leads the development process and assist the product development team in meeting the objectives of each sprint/release cycle.
- Monitors release plan and delivery status for portfolio management and reporting to the client.
Management and Administration:
- Performs capacity planning to ensure the team has the resources and skill sets to meet the increasing demand from the business community.
- Assigns the work and supervises the work of the assigned staff and contractors and leads staff development efforts. Coaches, mentors, trains team members, and ensures the overall quality of their work.
- Manages and evaluates the performance of reporting staff, provides clear direction, regular monitoring, and feedback on performance.
Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Accounting, or related areas. Preferably with Master’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years work experience in developing and implementing large-scale IT initiatives, 4 years of which must have been in a team leadership/supervisory role in relatively big systems development/implementation projects; First-hand experience in Microsoft technologies, particularly Powerportal, Dynamics sales and project operation, and Office365 suites.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability in requirements analysis, systems analysis, design, and functional and detailed specifications preparation.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies, DevOps. CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and testing/quality assurance.
- Experiences in IT service management processes and tools required
- Demonstrated teamwork (ability to work with others to achieve more effective results)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for NS3.
General ConsiderationsThe selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.