Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management and under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer, the Senior Information Technology and Information Management Assistant will provide overall specialized assistance and daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure of the office in close coordination with Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Somalia and Global Support Unit. The incumbent will also provide support in the administration, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all IOM Somalia Application Systems.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all helpdesk queries are logged in ICT Support Ticketing System and addressed appropriately via email, telephone call, or in person. Install systems, network components, and software; suggest the best technical solutions to achieve required standards while taking into consideration local technical constraints.
- Creates and manages SharePoint and OneDrive needed by different units in IOM Somalia Mission.
- Participate and deploy, if necessary, in the planning and development of system applications, IT networks, and infrastructure. Identify and proactively recommend required upgrades and modifications ensuring consistent service availability.
- Manage problem-solving, support, and assistance for use of office technology (including but not limited to Microsoft Windows 10, Power BI, Power Automate, and Adobe Acrobat).
- Support in the administration of the application system by carrying out user management, configuration management, installation and configuration, performance tuning, data integrity, security, recovery, etc.
- Assist in database development activities such as database design, development of complex queries, and custom reports to meet users reporting requirements.
- Liaise with service providers for the provision of adequate IT services and equipment in coordination with the Procurement & Logistic Unit and ensure all computer purchases are within the ICT standards.
- Manage the maintenance of hardware & software inventory and inform all programs about the number of software requires for their sections.
- Provide specialized assistance for the development of application systems to meet needs and requirements as identified for the mission as well as support in the maintenance and enhancement of already existing application systems.
- Implement IOM ICT standards and IOM IT Policies and Guidelines in particular to network and systems, IT procurement, and information security.
- Develop and Implement when necessary, ICT training for IT assistants and end-users to ensure productive use of existing and new systems.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or a combination of relevant education from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School Degree/Certificate in the above field from an accredited academic institution with six years of professional experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of at least: Windows Server 2008 or higher in a multi-site environment. Experience in handling Microsoft Exchange Online, TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration and Windows 10 administration.
- Experience in the use of computer programs and databases (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL, web-based application development tools (C#, ASP.NET MVC, etc) and other enterprise database system.
- Experience in working in an international organization.
- Knowledge of networking equipment and Windows Infrastructure.
- Knowledge in databases and programming software
- Knowledge of ICT support using the ticketing system.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English and Somaliboth written and spoken is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
you be interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email address with subject of position title and SVN number (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the closing date.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
From 13.03.2022 to 20.03.2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.