Position Title: Senior ICT Officer (Project Management)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 07 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), the direct supervision of the Chief, MiMOSA Systems and Migrant Solutions, the Senior ICT Officer (Project Management) is to be responsible for the Product Management, Adoption training and support of the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Systems and solutions developed by the Migrant Solutions Unit.
The Senior ICT Officer (Project Management) will have oversight for the delivery of the USRAP requirements for MiMOSA, integration with the partner systems and other Solutions withing
Migrant Solutions Portfolio. The successful candidate will engage with Senior Management and key stakeholders for the programme to ensure continual service improvements, mainstream innovations, and work closely with external partners to develop and support interfaces to automatically transmit common migrant data which minimizes duplicate data entry and improves the delivery of services to migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, organization, direction and reporting; through monitoring and evaluating of project progress and provide accurate and timely reports to management and the Project Steering Committee.
- Manage project scope, resources and expectations in balance with the different project budgets and resources’ allocation; to meet scheduled milestones, control the quality of the deliverables.
- Oversee the Migrant Solution Portfolio operations in line with USRAP business requirements and organizational strategy in consultation with stakeholders and customers. Supervise the Information Management and Digitalization staff in safeguarding, designing, and developing and maintaining relevant systems and modules according to the needs and requirements of Department of Operations and Emergency (DOE) and stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant procedures and practices are followed by the different project teams in line with industry best practices, policies and frameworks.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating existing systems and business processes in line with global trends, for organization’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage the delivery of projects to ensure solutions transfer into the business in accordance with established overall project objectives and business strategies and requirements.
- Oversee the Training and Business support process in line with the USRAP guidelines and procedures. Ensure Adoption of the system and compliance to programmes implementation Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and Programme Integrity guidelines.
- Prepare project reports and ensure timely submission, in line with project requirements and IOM procedures and standards. Prepare regular briefings, summaries, press releases and other relevant information materials, as required.
- Facilitate smooth turnover/rollout of projects to the Business; and coordinate ChangeManagement activities within Migrant Solutions Portfolio.
- Build effective work relationships among key project stakeholders and all internal and external partners. Resolve operational issues, as appropriate; and establish service level commitment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Information Technology, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification in Project Management such as PRINCE2 /PMP/Scrum Master. ITILFoundation and TOGAF Practitioner, DevOps, Security (CISSP/CISM) is a distinct advantage.
- Strong experience and knowledge of IOM Project management and ability to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives;
- Relevant and progressive responsibility experience in managing large and diverse teams to deliver in different geographical locations and offshore development;
- Advanced experience and knowledge of tools and methodologies used in planning, design and implementation of business applications and data modeling;
- Experience managing staff at various levels and from a range of cultural backgrounds, including teams of international staff.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate all elements of application development, creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the Programme stakeholders.
- Knowledge of USRAP and IOM financial management and budgetary procedures.
- Demonstrated record of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with governmental and diplomatic authorities, national, regional, and international institutions, as well as civil society actors
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle a range project management solutions.
- Strong customer focus, results oriented, dynamic, and creative. Excellent knowledge of IT technology, team player, resistant to stress, multicultural and open-minded.
- Expert knowledge in sourcing and contracting service level management of software development services. from a variety of sources.
- Previous experience with a UN organization is preferred and good knowledge of IOM rules and procedures.
- Demonstrable and excellent leadership and communication skills, both formally and informally.
- Strong and demonstrated diplomatic skills in handling stakeholder relations; the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Fluency in either French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 64 Senior ICT Officer (Project Management) (P4) Valencia, Spain (57985712) Released
Posting: Posting NC57985713 (57985713) Released